Payroll Specialist needed for large retailer in Rochdale. This is a permanent position within a reputable company that will offer you a position of seniority and an opportunity to progress within the
As the Payroll Specialist you will report to the Head of Payroll to train and develop the existing
team. This is an excellent move for a candidate who is looking to take the next step into a management
position. Your responsibilities will include:
* Ensure the accuracy and competition of payrolls as allocated
* Respond to and manage complex queries
* Support payroll administrators to manage challenges
* Liaise with system service support desks to raise issues and manage problems
* Undertake more complex payroll tasks, such as one of payments processing, complex absences, complex query resolution, calculation of and processing of advances, management of leaver payments and processing of and payments of bonuses
* Distribution of and management of general queries to the team via email and telephone
* Chasing of company information to stringent deadlines
* Tracking and keeping up to date with legislative changes, system updates and processing changes to cascade to the payroll administrators
To be successful in this role you must have previous experience of managing complex payroll tasks alongside a thorough understanding of tax and NI rules to calculate advances, arrears and additional payment values. You must also have experience of processing payroll at various frequencies to include weekly, lunar and monthly. You must have experience of managing challenging deadlines whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
In return you will receive a salary of £26000 and the opportunity to progress within the organisation. You will receive company discount, life assurance, childcare vouchers, in-house training and development opportunities, discount gym memberships and an on-site canteen.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.