about 1 month ago
Elevation Recruitment Group are currently seeking a knowledgeable Senior Payroll Professional for a growing and well established business in Chesterfield. This role will be reporting into the Financial Controller and you will be given full ownership for the payroll function and all related processes.
This will be a busy & varied role where you will be given the opportunity to really make an impact and improve payroll controls as and where you see fit. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, able to use their initiative, will feel confident in speaking with senior members of the business and won't be afraid to challenge new ways of working.
The business are looking to appoint an out-going, chatty and resilient individual who can work maturely with confidential data and really take ownership for this role!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for end to end monthly payroll for around 500 employees
- Maintain and update holiday, sickness & general employee records
- Ensure accurate payment of all employee wages and dealing with any relevant queries through to resolution
- Produce relevant payroll reporting
- Assist with the implementation of a new payroll system
- Manage payroll control accounts and balance sheet (NET pay accounts and Tax accounts)
- Ensure security of information and that relevant back-ups are undertaken
- Reconciliation of relevant deductions
- Maintain compliance with HMRC regulations
- Payroll reporting
- Project work
- Assist with the wider finance team and business to provide ad-hoc support as the business continues to grow - purchase, sales ledger, reporting, admin etc.
- Minimum of 3+ years' experience running a monthly payroll
- Strong Excel / Data Manipulation skills
- Experienced with manual calculations
- Ability to work independently, use your initiative and ask questions where needed
- Confident individual who is not afraid to pick up the phone and speak to senior members of staff
- Experience of any system implementations would be advantageous
If you meet the criteria for this role, and are interested in being put forward please do not hesitate to apply or contact me to discuss.
Elevation Accountancy & Finance focuses on the recruitment of talented Accountancy and Finance professionals across all levels, from entry level trainees through to post qualified accountants.