Our client are urgently looking to fill a Payroll Manager role within their offices in Manchester.
Payroll Manager £24K - £30K per annum - FTC 12 months to cover maternity
This role supports the Payroll Department with payroll processing functions necessary to ensure the smooth running of our clients. They have around 240 payroll clients ranging from single director companies to 350 employees and these are processed annually, monthly, four weekly or weekly. You will be working in a team and will be responsible for the processing of monthly payrolls. Covering for other team members may also be necessary when annual leave is taken.
The main responsibilities are detailed below, although the post holder would also be expected to perform any other duties which might reasonably be required by the business.
To make sure that people are paid correctly and on time. Performs all activities necessary to process around 65 payrolls, including maintaining related records. Oversee a small team of 3 Payroll Administrators to ensure the payroll function runs smoothly.
* Process monthly payrolls end-to-end. Responsible for the preparation and processing of the monthly payroll for approximately 65 clients on the SAGE payroll system (This includes the entire cycle of payroll processing from capturing of new employees, leave, terminations and check and authorise claims).
* Calculate SMP / SSP / SPP / SHPP
* Calculate Auto-Enrolment pension contributions
* Set-up Attachment of Earnings orders
* Send csv files to clients to make payments where applicable
* Send out all payroll relevant reports for each client by email or post
* Send FPS / EPS submissions
* Deal with client / employee queries
* Deal with HMRC queries
* Upload auto enrolment contributions to various pension providers each month
* Check and sign off other team members payroll's before sending out to clients
* Scan and save all payroll correspondence to payroll files
* Process year end
Sage experience would ideally be required.
This role is to start as soon as possible and the candidate will need to commit to a full 12 month fixed term contract.
If you're interested in this role, please click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV. If you are starting your job search and your CV isn't quite ready or indeed if this job isn't quite right for you, please contact Amanda Buckley for a confidential discussion on your career.
You can view more opportunities on the Interlink website. Please note, our advertisements use salary and experience as a guide only. Interlink Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.