3 months ago
Payroll Manager - Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £28 - 35k
Our client is an established Chartered Accountants located in Kent who are looking for an experienced Payroll Manager. The successful candidate will work within a dynamic, friendly and busy team and must be able to adapt to the needs of the business.
Recent, significant use of Sage Payroll is a prerequisite for this role.
The role will largely be self-managing, whilst looking after the needs of circa 140 payroll clients. Sage Payroll experience is essential for this position.
• Full payroll function including setting up and registering with HMRC.
• Run payroll within current legislation keeping all records up to date.
• Calculate tax, national insurance and pension manually or on a computer program.
• Time management so payroll deadlines are achieved.
• Calculate statuary SSP, SMP and SPP where due.
• Real time submissions, final year end submission and P11d's
• Pension implementation for auto enrolment.
• Calculating statuary payments and annual leave.
• Auditing of payroll and input.
• Training other staff on payroll.
• Collating and entering payroll journals.
• CIS submissions and adjust for suffered payments and balance PAYE payments for client.
• Professional, enthusiastic approach to work, striving towards and consistently achieving high standards.
• Fully conversant with payroll legislation.
• Clear, practical understanding of information technology.
• Safe Payroll experience is essential
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills, liaising with clients, colleagues, external agencies at all levels.
• High analytical ability, identifying problems, creating and implementing procedures to automate systems to enhance accuracy, cost efficiency and effectiveness.
• Highly flexible, accountable and committed to achieve deadlines and results.
Additional Resources Ltd is an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003