6 months ago
Elevation Accountancy & Finance are currently looking to recruit an experienced Payroll Manager for a growing business based in Sheffield.
The role's main purpose will be to effectively manage and process the company's employee and pensioner payrolls, manage the company's benefit/pension schemes and ensure consistent compliance with statutory regulations.
The successful candidate would be expected to provide assistance to the finance department on certain relevant activities as and when necessary. Although this will be a standalone Payroll position, you will be integrated with the wider finance team in their busy, dynamic and very friendly office.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
* Processing Payroll from start to finish
* The accurate production of monthly payrolls to meet strict deadlines using integrated payroll-HR system, carrying out all general payroll and pension administration duties
* To ensure that correct and timely payments, reports and returns are made to HMRC (including monthly and year-end returns), pension schemes, national insurance and other statutory bodies
* Management of End of Year processes to include RTI declaration, P60, P11d
* Provide detailed management information/reports
* Carry out Payroll Inductions and provide pension information to employees and pensioners on a regular and as required basis
* Prepare and submit monthly/annual data and forms to external pension administrators to ensure smooth running of the company's pension schemes
* Review, maintain and operate expense system and company benefit schemes
* To liaise closely with finance team ensuring that monthly reconciliations for budget control purposes are undertaken
* To participate in projects to develop the integrated payroll-HR system and working practices, taking the lead on identifying possible improvements to the system and taking the lead role in implementing agreed changes
* To advise management team on issues of pay, tax, national insurance, pension and other voluntary deductions
* Liaise with external bodies/organisations on payroll policy and regulatory matters and to resolve staff problems, e.g. HMRC, Department of Works and Pensions, Banks etc
* To carry out specific finance duties to assist the department on a daily/weekly/monthly basis
* Provision of budget information for annual plan and quarterly reforecasts
The successful candidate will require the following:
* Sage Payroll Experience
* Strong Excel/Analytical skills
* Knowledge of payroll rules and regulations, payroll systems, taxation and national insurance rules and statutory benefits
* An organised and logical approach, as well as effective communication ability at all levels
25 days + bank holidays
This provides a great opportunity to be part of a growing and successful company in a varied and all-encompassing role. You will be encouraged to go above and beyond your day-to-day responsibilities in order to add significant value and drive forward your particular area of the business.
Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you are interested in discussing the above position further.
28 days ago
only 8 hours until close
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
21 days ago
only 8 hours until close
20 days ago
only 8 days until close