7 months ago
Payroll Consultant / Advisor (Full or Part-Time) - Rayleigh
Salary: 21-28K DOE (if part-time pro rata)
Our Client, an accountancy firm, is looking for a motivated Payroll Consultant to join their busy Payroll team. Solid private practice experience as well as payroll system experience is a must for this role. Payroll qualification CIPP strongly desired.
The key aspect of this role requires someone that is not just able to run payroll but actually give advice to clients - e.g. how SSP and Maternity Pay works etc. It is therefore important that you are very knowledgeable about all aspects of Payroll on a consultancy/advisor level.
Next to the payroll consultant part the payroll clerk is to ensure that clients' payrolls are completed accurately and on time, undertaking the start to finish process of the payroll cycle, clients vary in frequency (weekly, monthly, fortnightly) and in size (1 to 300+ employees).
Our Client is looking for candidates that understand the importance of excellent customer service and communication and can help maintain the high level of service that our clients have come to expect from them.
• Having worked in a payroll provider / private practice / accountancy firm
• Maintains payroll information by collecting, calculating, and entering data.
• Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers.
• Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and non-taxable wages.
• Calculating pay according to hours worked incorporating leaves and overtime
• Advice clients on complex Payroll related matters and queries
• Previous experience of working within a multi payroll function, within an accountancy practice or specialist payroll house.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.