A specialist recruitment agency based in Didsbury is seeking a Payroll Administrator to assist with running an efficient and effective payroll service, ensuring all employees and temporary workers are always provided with accurate information.
* The role holder will process weekly bulk payrolls, chase timesheets, ensuring all weekly data is collected and entered accurately.
* The job holder will calculate and administer Statutory Payment for both employees and temporary workers, where applicable.
* The successful candidate will provide advice and guidance to colleagues on matters relating to pay, taxation, statutory payments and National Insurance.
* The successful candidate will be responsible for maintaining an up to date knowledge of payroll best practice, legislation as it applies to payroll, and all statutory payments and deductions.
The successful applicant will have the following skills and experience:
* Good level of general education, and must have grades A - C in English and Maths (or equivalent)
* Enjoys working in a fast paced, commercial environment
* Have good written and verbal communication skills
* Have a strong team work ethic, with the willingness to get stuck in.
* Are confident in dealing with people over the phone and in person.
* Strong customer service skills
* Excellent administration and organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
* Excellent attention to detail
* Reliable and flexible as to the needs of the business
* Must posses a solid working knowledge of statutory and legal requirements as they apply to payroll requirements.
* Computer literate with solid proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and E-mail.
* Strong experience of computerised payroll systems.
Please contact Beth Dalton, Recruitment Consultant, to discuss the role in more detail or apply through the vacancy for immediate consideration.
Douglas Scott are a regulated recruitment consultancy and will discuss this role and seek your approval before submitting an application directly to the decision maker.