At Flight Centre, we’re a great place to work. And we’re not just saying that. In fact, we’ve just achieved 12th place in the Great Place to Work® Awards 2019. Due to our success and growth we have an exciting new Payments Solutions Manager role within the EMEA Finance team, to be responsible for ensuring that we optimise our payment offering to our customers and clients whilst making supplier payments in the most cost effective way.
As technology plays an increasing role in how we transact with our clients and suppliers, we are looking for someone who can be the driver for making the process as frictionless as possible which will enhance the end customer experience.
To be successful in this role you will have previous experience in an equivalent role within another merchant, or have experience in payment gateways, merchant acquiring and payments technology acquired through roles within banking or technology businesses. You will be required to develop a strong understanding of both our leisure and corporate businesses as well as our shared support services across the UK and Europe. This will allow you to identify new payment offerings and cost reduction opportunities. You will be an excellent communicator, both verbally and in writing as there will be a need to interact and advise senior business leaders.
As this is a new role, the position offers the opportunity to truly define the remit, however, with the consistent focus on delivery of tangible results.
- Advise business leaders on all areas of payment processing and payments receiving on current regulation changes and therefore, the impact of PSD2 and SCA for clients and the company’s payments made by purchasing cards
- Work collectively with key business leaders and vendors to deliver a payment offering to replace ECA (internally developed Electronic Customer Acceptance of Terms and Conditions and payments portal)
- Respond to queries on merchant agreements and payment gateways across Europe
- Drive use of virtual credit cards to streamline business processes
- Build relationships with key vendors across Europe for Banking, Payment Gateways, Acquiring and Virtual Credit Card payment providers actively drive initiatives and projects
- Take full ownership of the contracts and commercial agreements with related banks/vendors
- Identify commercial opportunities within existing agreements e.g. increasing virtual credit card payments to increase rebates across the business, reduce merchant fee costs, investigate the possibility of consolidating payment gateways
- Document and map out the full current end-to-end workflow for payments made and payments received for all brands and countries within the region
- Determine a preferred strategy for implementation of a truly integrated in-store including consideration of new and alternative payment methods for receipts
- Optimise card issuance based on currency, location of merchant, rebate arrangements for virtual credit card payments (may include automation of existing manual processes)
- Educate and share learnings to wider finance team on key areas of focus
- Communicate with business leaders and obtain their buy in and timescales on initiatives and projects
- Banking, merchant, technology provider or equivalent experience, including financial analysis skills
- Strong customer services skills
- Self-motivated with strong planning and coordination skills, with the ability to hit hard deadlines
- Confident in challenging senior business leaders and peers within Finance.
- Ability to initiate change and ensure timely delivery of such change
- Excellent communication skills, providing transparency, clarity and bringing simplicity to complex issues
- Ability to attain support and buy in from peers
- A strong focus on improving efficiency in all aspects of payments
Salary and Benefits
The Payments Solutions Manager offers a competitive salary of £45-50K OTE DOE and access to our award-winning benefits that include:
- Dedicated in-house travel team for incredibly discounted trips
- Charity fundraising and fun social events including summer ball, awards ceremonies
- Mental Health Awareness programmes
- Dedicated in-house health and fitness team with free health screenings
- ‘Active Hour’ – an hour a week to exercise
- Free financial consultations
- Free health cash plan - claim money for dentist, optician etc.
- Generous share scheme and excellent pension scheme
- Season ticket loans and cycle-to-work scheme
- Annual leave entitlement increase after 1 year
- Opportunity to take 3-month sabbatical
'Flexible working' requests will be considered where possible for example flexible start and finish times and working from another office.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.