about 1 year ago
Part Time Office Secretary
LOCATION: Birmingham, West Midlands
SALARY & BENEFITS: £17,500 - £23,500 per annum pro rata
WORKING HOURS: The post is part time, working 25 hours per week, Monday to Friday. You will work 5 hours each day between the hours of 8.30am to 5.00pm. Must be flexible with regards to working hours.
THE COMPANY: Police Credit Union was set up by the police, for the whole of the police family – serving and retired police officers/police staff and members of their households offering loans and savings services. It now serves the wider protective services including prison officers, probation officers and members of the armed forces offering loans and savings services.
THE ROLE: Reporting to the Operations Manager you will be providing full administrative support to the Senior Management Team and Board of Directors.
Key Responsibilities of the Office Secretary to include:-
- Acting as the first point of contact - welcoming visitors & making refreshments
- Answering telephone, taking messages, dealing with email enquiries and handling correspondence, often controlling access to the management team
- Arranging and organising meetings and appointments and organising the resources for these including preparation of meeting agendas
- Taking minutes of meetings and preparation of minutes and action points for distribution to relevant staff, board of directors, volunteers and any other relevant parties
- Audio and copy typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence which often include sensitive confidential information
- Diary management and coordination
- Managing databases and filing systems
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
- Implementing and maintaining procedures and administrative systems
- Organise and filing of various documents including computer based information in a timely manner
- Opening, actioning and distributing incoming post in a timely manner
- Sending outgoing post on a daily basis
- Liaising with staff, suppliers and members
- Product and stationery ordering
- Oversee cleaning contractors
- Oversee postal procedures and suppliers
- Have an understanding of PCU policies and procedures
- The post holder will undertake other duties as and when may be reasonably required and will be expected to work effectively with other departments in order to make a positive contribution to the work of PCU
- Comply with data protection legislation and to maintain strict confidentiality and security in dealing with all information relating to PCU and its members, in accordance with PCU’s policies and procedures
- Assist with training new members of staff
Key personal attributes:
- You are highly organised and self – motivated
- Must be friendly and approachable
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are proactive and can use your own initiative and work with tact, discretion and diplomacy
- You have an excellent eye for detail and can multi task, managing work and prioritising work from different managers
- You take direction well and are flexible
- You have the ability to use standard software packages eg MS Office and can learn bespoke packages if required
Key skills / experience for the role of the Office Secretary based in Birmingham:
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in office administration
- Proven experience with booking accommodation and purchase ordering
- Experience in taking minutes
- Excellent communication skills
- Time management skills
- Adept MS knowledge
Understanding of Credit Unions and the ethos within Credit Unions
As part of our recruitment process we may access information that is published on public forums and social media. If you are successful in your application we will undertake a Credit Reference Agency Search and if the role is a Certified Position as defined by the regulators we will request Regulatory References in respect of previous financial roles held in the last 6 years.
The closing date for applications is midday Friday 24th May
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Office Secretary position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.