We have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Development Officer / Events Organiser to join our clients’ team. The role will be focused on the Swansea and the Valleys.
Our client is one of the largest and oldest friendly societies in the UK and their aim is to improve the quality of life for their members through active social involvement, care support and a range of financial benefits and services. There are 136 Branches nationwide who are supported by a central office in Manchester.
The Role of Development Officer / Events Organiser
The principal aim of the role is to help and support the Society to deliver the social elements to its target market, which is predominantly 50+. Social activity must be accessible to both existing and prospective members.
The Swansea District provides a range of social, care and financial products and services to members in the area.
In this role you will focus on implementing and increasing social events and developing membership and will be expected to:-
• Develop social activities to increase membership
• Promote events in the local area
• Develop active involvement of members
• Build relationships with the local community
• Work with and support social volunteers
There will be interviews held for the role of Development Officer / Events Organiser at the end of April.
For the role of Development Officer / Events Organiser, you will be expected to work on your own initiative for initially 10 hours per week. This will be reviewed at regular intervals. You will receive a salary of £9 - £10 per hour dependent on experience.
For the role of Development Officer / Events Organiser, you must have/be:-
• A people person with excellent communication skills
• Able to speak confidently in from of groups of people
• Patient and diplomatic
• Able to negotiate and persuade
• Excellent planning and organisation skills
• Able to work effectively from home
• A flexible approach to working hours
• A self-motivated individual who can work to deadlines
• Full driving licence and your own transport
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, events, organiser, not for profit, social development, care, club, association, society, volunteers, part-time