Our client is one of the largest and oldest friendly societies in the UK and they have an exciting opportunity for a part-time Development and Social Events Coordinator to join their team in Maidstone.
Our clients’ aim is to improve the quality of life for their members through active social involvement, care support and a range of financial benefits and services. There are 124 Branches nationwide who are supported by a central office in Manchester.
The Role of Development and Social Events Coordinator
The principal aim of the role is to help and support the local Branch of the Society to develop, bringing in new members and delivering the social elements to its target market, which is predominantly 50+.
Social activity must be accessible to both existing and prospective members. The Maidstone Branch provides a range of social, care and financial products and services to members in the area.
In the role of Development and Social Events Coordinator you will focus on developing our social proposition and active membership, helping us make new members. You will be expected to:-
• Develop social activities to increase membership
• Promote events in the local area
• Develop active involvement of members
• Build relationships with the local community
• Work with and support social volunteers
• To work with the Committee of Management to identify potential recruitment events and opportunities and supporting the development of a recruitment plan
• To take responsibility for developing and staffing recruit stands and running recruitment events
• Establish and take an active role in leading a social committee
• Liaise with other Branches to share experiences, ideas and possibly use their events in the Branch Events Diary
• Carry out risk assessments in connection with events organized and to ensure adequate insurance cover is in place
• Work with volunteers to develop the Branch social media and ensure it is kept updated and relevant
• Keep the local media, including print and online, informed of the work of the organisation and the Branch, proactively promoting future events through press releases, online What’s On guides and other local mediums
• Attend and take an active part in Committee of Management meetings and social committees as required to feed into the development processes
The closing date for applications is Friday 26th April 2019.
Hours and Salary
For the role of Development and Social Events Coordinator, you will be expected to work on your own initiative for initially 20 hours per week (averaged across month). This will be reviewed at regular intervals. You will receive a salary of circa £20,000 to £22,000 per annum, pro rata (up to £12 per hour, paid as a monthly salary).
To be successful for the role of Development and Social Events Coordinator, you must have/be:-
• A people person with excellent communication skills
• Able to speak confidently in front of groups of people
• Patient and diplomatic
• Able to negotiate and persuade
• Excellent planning and organisational skills
• A flexible approach to working hours
• A self-motivated individual who can work to deadlines
• A full driving licence and access to own transport
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, events, organiser, not for profit, social development, care, club, association, society, volunteers, part-time