We are looking for a part-time Administrative Secretary to join one of the largest and oldest Friendly Societies in the UK based in Bury and which covers the South East Lancashire District.
In the role of Administrative you will be expected to work on your own initiative, working an equalised average of 20 hours per week (flexible working hours to be agreed with the successful candidate, which includes some weekend and evening work).
Please only apply if you are happy to do these hours.
Our clients’ aim is to improve the quality of life for their members through active social involvement, care support and a range of financial benefits and services to members in South East Lancashire.
As Administrative Secretary, the principle aim is to help and support the Branch of this Society to be financially and administratively strong. This includes supporting the volunteer Committee of Management to deliver on the membership package, including supporting the delivering of the social element of what the Society does to its target market (predominantly 50+), while bringing in new members, marketing and promoting the organisation, supporting volunteering and helping them to grow.
In the role of Administrative Secretary you will focus on financial and administrative elements of running the Branch, which will include:
• Day-to-day bookkeeping
• Overseeing the management of an Oddfellows Hall
• Managing the membership and renewals, ensuring they are kept informed on Branch matters
• Supporting a volunteer Committee of Management to be able to steer and govern the society
• Promote the Society in the local area
• Develop active involvement of members
• Build relationships with the local community
We are looking for an Administrative Secretary who is friendly, outgoing and organised, with an ability to work to deadlines and without close supervision, delivering on measurable targets. You must have / be:
• A peoples’ person with excellent communication skills
• Able to speak confidently in front of groups of people
• Patient and diplomatic
• Able to negotiate, persuade, organise, plan and manage your own time
In the role of Administrative Secretary you must have:
• A good working knowledge of MS Office, internet, email and social media
• Basic bookkeeping experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills - enjoys meeting new people and capable of ensuring that everyone feels part of the organisation
Initially this is a 20hr per week post with a pay rate in the region of £10 per hour subject to review after six months.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Secretary, pa, administrator, clerical, bookkeeping, office,