We have a fantastic opportunity for a Part-time Accounts Assistant to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Financial Services industry in Wilmslow.
Our client is a dynamic and rapidly growing group of privately-owned companies operating in the UK FinTech sector. They are firmly established as one of the fastest growing and successful financial technology companies in the UK and continue to excel in a highly competitive and demanding industry.
The Role of Part-time Accounts Assistant
As Part-time Accounts Assistant, you will provide support to the Group Financial Controller by accurately recording all transactions, completing daily banking procedures and ensuring payments are processed regularly.
Your main responsibilities will include:
• Daily banking and updating internal system with payments received
• Maintaining the sales and purchase ledger system
• Using Sage to accurately enter and reconcile all bank transactions
• Assisting with month end procedures
• Raising purchase orders and sales invoices when required
• Issuing supplier payments in line with their terms of business
• Processing and recording customer refunds for departments
• Raising cheques for payments and refunds
• Filing and scanning paperwork as required
• Demonstrating flexibility in an ever changing and improving environment, coupled with a positive attitude and a high standard of self-conduct
• Attending any meetings or training sessions as requested by the Financial Controller or Finance Director
The ideal candidate for this Part-time Accounts Assistant role will need the following attributes:
• AAT qualified or studying the final stages
• Previous experience in a SME background (preferably in the finance sector)
• Good numeracy and computer literacy skills
• Knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts
• Excellent attention to detail
• Time management skills
• Team player and willing to provide additional support to Management and colleagues
• Excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work using own initiative and motivation
• Willingness to adapt to change
For the role of Part-time Accounts Assistant, there is a salary on offer of £21,000 per annum pro-rata.
• Pension Scheme
• Paycare - Health Cash Plan
• Childcare Scheme
• 28 days annual leave
• Extra day off for Birthday holiday
• Length of service gifts & benefits
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accounts assistant, finance, accounting, accounts clerk, accounts admin