12 months ago
Part Time Accountant - Newport
Key Words : Project accountant, accountant, part-time, part time, Oracle, CIMA, ACCA, ACA, GAAP, SOX, Newport, South Wales
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a market leader in a position that offers excellent benefits and excellent prospects for progression.
The company are an industry leader within the high value manufacturing industry with an excellent reputation, they are looking to recruit a Project Accountant.
Primary Purpose of Role:
The role forms a vital part of the Finance team and will business partner with cost centre managers throughout the business.
• Managing the month end BVA process, providing analysis on key variances
• Ownership of key accrual and prepayment balance sheet accounts
• Assisting the implementation of the ERP system upgrade
• Provide input and support on Oracle issues, and have a willingness to become an expert within the team
• Business partner to cost centre managers
• Manage the bi-annual budget process and monthly OPEX forecasting
• Assisting the Corporate finance team with month end activities to include; VAT returns, Fixed Assets and FTE reporting
• Assist the audit process to include preparation of annual financial statements
• Review current procedures and processes with the view to suggesting and implementing improvements
• Maintaining and developing strong internal controls and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
• Completion of accurate/ on time Quarterly Reporting OPEX packs to Group
• Supporting and mentoring junior team members
• Plan for team progression and drive cross-training to reduce risk/ exposure
Skills and Experience required:
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle and preferably experience of implementing new ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel with a range of advanced Excel skills (including lookups, pivots etc)
• Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic business
• Ability to define problems, collect data and analyse to draw actionable conclusions
• Ability to effectively present and communicate information with all levels of management
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Ideally hold a relevant accounting qualification e.g. CIMA / ACCA
• Experience of Business Partnering with the ability to explain financial impacts to non-finance colleagues
• Degree level (preferred)
• Preferably a knowledge and exposure to GAAP and SOX practices
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.