10 months ago
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
About the role:
Our client are looking for a Paralegal to join the Residential New Homes Department to assist with the conveyancing of new build homes. You will provide support to the Team Leader, Assistant Conveyancer and Trainee Paralegal in addition the provision of support to other Teams in holiday / sickness absence.
- Assist with opening new files.
- Checking the client’s Return Pack and identifying the procedures necessary for each individual client i.e. writing to donors, ISAs, identifying related sales, search requirements, SDLT exemptions / higher rates etc.
- Sending to client the Consumer Code, incentive form and letter with details related to the plan and exchange deadline.
- Ensuring that the transaction complies with Money Laundering requirements.
- Reporting to the client on Help to Buy.
- Assisting the client and developer with any queries either by telephone or email.
- Managing all aspects of post-completion matters, including updating lender’s on delayed registrations and dealing with requisitions. Keeping a table of all outstanding post-completion files.
- Submitting completed registrations / deeds to lenders, clients and Help to Buy.
- Train new Paralegals and Trainee Paralegals to the Departmental standards.
- Obtaining appropriate Money Laundering ID searches.
- Arranging Search Insurance or obtaining Local, Environmental and / or Drainage Searches depending on client / lender requirements.
- Drafting Stamp Duty Land Tax form in preparation for report to client.
- Assisting with setting up completions with Accounts department i.e. bills, payment in and out slips, chaps etc.
- Arranging completion letters to client and other side solicitors.
- On completion ensure submission and payment of SDLT is made to HMRC.
- Registration of client and property with NHBC and obtain the insurance certificates to send to client.
- Preparing AP1 forms to submit to HM Land Registry.
Key Skills required:
- The ability to work well under pressure and to deadlines;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Good accurate typing and IT skills;
- Degree educated (preferably a Law Degree). Exceptional candidates without a Degree, but who have suitable administrative experience will also be considered;
- Attention to detail and a high level of accuracy is essential.
- Ideally some knowledge or experience of conveyancing
This job description is a guide only and you may be required to perform tasks, which do not fall strictly within your job description. The job description may be used as a focus in appraisals and other work reviews. It is likely that your role within the Company will evolve over time.
You may have experience of the following: Paralegal, Legal Assistant, Administrative Support, Administrator, Legal Executive, Legal Secretary, Legal Administrator, Law Graduate, Legal Graduate, etc.