PA to Regional Directors of Operations HEST74554
Salary £31,416 rising to £32,004 per annum after 1 year
Looking for a great role within the charity sector which helps empower people and change lives?
Our client is a vibrant charity supporting adults and children in crisis. Last year they worked with more than 9,000 people, including victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people.
They are now looking for a Personal Assistant to support their two Regional Directors of Operational Services. This is a role where you will never be bored. You’ll be involved in diary and meeting arrangements including venue booking and travel arrangements, minute taking, research and support the Directors with managing their workload and a lot more! Although a stand-alone role, you will be surrounded by supportive colleagues within the office, 10 minutes’ walk from London Bridge.
As they are such a diverse organisation, you too will have contact with a diverse range of staff and services making this a role unlike many others. In addition to this, your work helps them make a difference to adults and children across London.
• Ability to communicate, engage and build effective working relationships with staff, management, customers and external services
• To have a flexible management approach to people
• Ability to manage budgets
• Ability to travel and work across the services when required.
• Knowledge of issues involved with providing services to adults with complex needs
• Excellent literacy and numeracy skills.
• Proficient in the use of a range of IT applications and the ability to learn and use additional IT systems.
• Housing Management knowledge
• Demonstrable ability to manage support services for service users with complex and varied needs in a Hub model
• Knowledge and understanding of safeguarding issues and ability to address them appropriately.
In return they offer a competitive salary, a supportive working environment and a host of benefits including pension, employee discounts, 25 days holiday per annum (for full-time positions) plus the option to buy an additional 3 weeks, cycle to work scheme and season ticket loan.
Our client is proud to be a Disability Confident employer.
Hours: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday
Closing date: 27 March 2019
Interview date: 5 April 2019
Our client supports adults and children in crisis across London and the surrounding regions. They campaign and advocate nationally on the issues that affect them. This includes victims of modern slavery, women and children who have experienced domestic abuse, young care leavers and older people. From giving someone a home, to helping them to get the right mental health support, they support people at the moment of crisis and enable them to build a life beyond crisis. They are supported by more than 460 volunteers who provide specialist skills such as art therapy yoga, IT, gardening, cooking as well as befriending and fundraising.
They are proud to be the home of UK SAYS NO MORE, bringing together a diverse coalition of individuals, charities, businesses and public-sector organisations to campaign for an end to the domestic abuse and sexual violence.
In everything they do, they seek to be: respectful, genuine, dedicated, collaborative and courageous.
This is a Blue Octopus Recruitment Ltd vacancy who are operating as an employment agency. Once you have clicked to apply for this vacancy, we will then send you more information on the role including a copy of the application form via email.