about 1 year ago
Information on the company
A global brand with over thirty years experience and expertise - this is a fantastic environment in which to kick-start a graduate career! The business is a supplier of statistical, econometric and forecasting software packages; the delivery of quality training courses; and consultancy service provider. Aiming to provide a total solution to their diverse range of clients across various fields, the company also has a lot to offer those within the company including perks and great prospects.
This is a graduate job offering £25K per annum.
Key responsibilities of the role;
To manage and create an amazing office environment, and keep the Directors busy lives organised!
Day-to-day activities will include;
* Dealing with correspondence incoming post, checking emails and taking dictation for email correspondence
* Scheduling internal and external meetings through diary management; building good working relationships with appropriate external PA’s and support staff
* Helping to produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations
* Ensuring smooth running of meetings and distribution of necessary documents/ presentations
* Submitting expenses
* Welcoming and looking after visitors
* Screening telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling when appropriate
* Setting up meeting rooms (including presentation equipment, food and beverages), as required
* All domestic and international travel for the directors including organising visas
* Overseeing HR software for managing employee holiday and sickness forms and management of the holiday diary and tracker
Office Environment and Management:
* Proactive in suggesting new ideas for improving the office environment and implementing them quickly and efficiently as required.
* Maintaining an effective filing system
* Includes physical filing spaces and organising and archiving online drives as required.
* Assist the Team to manage major projects such as: office moves, office building management, new desks.
* Organise office equipment for new starters e.g laptops, desks, chairs
* Keep security systems up to date
* Responsible for Health and Safety within the office, enforcing health and Safety regulations (including Fire Safety and First Aid). Maintain that the appropriate records are kept and regularly updated.
* Responsible for answering telephone and entry buzzer, ordering couriers and sorting post.
* Order and maintain stationery supplies
* Buy food and drink for the kitchen and meetings, within agreed budget
* Organise key meetings to set budgets (monthly staff meetings, annual AGM meeting, Christmas Parties, Away Day)
* Maintain a professional and tidy office environment (managing others to achieve this, the cleaners, individual desk occupiers and client teams re their storage areas)
IT and Technical Support:
* General IT support working directly with IT supplier
* Requisition IT Purchases as needed raising PO’s for Director approval, help coordinate day-to-day IT requests with the external IT maintenance team
* Looking after and keeping track of pool laptops
* Management of company phones/ipads i.e. allocation to managers, monitoring of monthly bills to ensure best price plans are being used, dealing with them when they break down
* Maintain a database of current and potential suppliers
* Negotiate best rates with suppliers
* Monitor supplier performance and costs and identify alternatives where necessary
* Manage salt subscriptions (e.g magazine, newspapers, professional’s bodies etc) ensuring that we are only subscribing to what is needed and identifying opportunities to charge subscription costs to relevant clients where appropriate.
* Raise supplier Purchase Orders on Paprika
* Input your personal timesheets and expenses correctly and on time
Support Directors with Personal PA work:
* Scheduling personal appointments, assisting with recruitment of personal home staff, booking holidays/flights/restaurants
* Organisation of and assistance with personal filing
* Help with organising Bi-annual Charity fundraiser
* Assistance with the management of the Directors personal property portfolio
* Ad hoc personal assistance/requests (for example returning mail order purchases)
The ideal candidate’s personality and qualifications;
* A highly-organised individual who is able to prioritise one’s own workload and help organise others time around them.
* A clear, concise and confident communicator (both written and verbal) is essential.
* A positive approach to work and someone who has a positive impact on those around them.
* Comfortable working in an open and collaborative environment.
Apply for this role