9 months ago
Bristol, BS4 3AP
Our client, a Media Group, is a brand leading publishing company specialising in web, app, print and direct delivery products and services within the global superyacht industry.
Office based in the newly refurbished ITV building (now called HERE) but with definite opportunities for travel to overseas international yachting shows and events in locations such as Monaco, Cannes and Florida amongst others.
This is a pivotal and busy role within the management team, helping to pull together all the functions of the business. Its many diverse tasks include, amongst others;
Assisting the Operations Director in ensuring the smooth running of all operational planned and ad-hoc tasks.
To actively manage the functions within the Distribution Dept. To ensure that all titles are distributed as per the agreed company plan, ensuring that all distribution outlets are managed thoroughly.
To plan and organise our attendance at international boat shows and events, on time and on budget.
To ensure the smooth running of the office and admin functions of the business.
Overview of Role Requirements:
• Formulating the strategy for determining print runs.
• Formulating and applying the distribution strategy for our printed titles.
• Sourcing, liaising with and managing external suppliers.
• Contract negotiating with international boat show organisers and other suppliers.
• Planning, organising, purchasing and set up of all requirements for attendance at shows and events.
• General office management.
• Management of the admin function of the business.
• Excellent excel and office skills.
• Troubleshooting and problem solving.
• Project management to ensure all company needs are accounted for.
• Excellent people skills, enabling buy in from all parties.
• People Management (1 direct report).
The successful candidate will be a completer-finisher and possess a commercial outlook with a business-savvy brain. You must be able to demonstrate a great deal of common sense and energy, and not be afraid of a day’s work.
The successful candidate would usually be expected to attend some international boat shows throughout the year. This would usually include trips to Cannes, Monaco, Fort Lauderdale and Amsterdam.
Hours: 8am-4.30pm, Monday-Friday.
Salary: £35k p.a.
Applicants should apply with CV, covering letter and supply salary expectations.
Only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.