about 1 year ago
Information on the company
This is an award-winning company that provides bespoke floral designs for four and five star hotels, Michelin-rated restaurants and high end corporate companies.
Their aim is to become a global business, an icon within their field, and to raise the profile of floral design as a respected discipline.
This is a 3 month internship paying £22K with the intention of converting into a permanent position.
How you can expect to spend your day:
The business has been growing rapidly and is being restructured to support the doubling of turnover in the next 12 months. They are seeking an Operations Assistant to manage the production studio in Vauxhall and oversee installations across their prestigious client base in London.
The initial role will be offered on a temporary to permanent basis. Following satisfactory completion of the (3 month) probationary period, you will be offered permanent participation in the company profit and share scheme and the opportunity to become a partner in the business.
Working with the Head Designer, Founder, Florists, Directors and Support Crew, it will be your responsibility to successfully project manage all requests across the Studio from confirmed client orders, design, production planning, constant profit protection, cost management and quality assurance, ensuring all designs are 100% perfect and are installed on schedule.
Your responsibilities will include:
* Must ensure every job meets client brief as well as internal profit targets.
* Day to day accountability for the smooth, effective and efficient management of the Studio and Installation team.
* Working effectively with and positively influencing florists, designers, directors, suppliers, installers and contractors, ensuring all jobs are produced and installed on time and in accordance with company values.
* Operating in a highly pressured environment
* Mapping and streamlining processes.
* Optimising Rota and Resource Management.
* Procurement of Flowers and Raw Materials
* Streamlining the Studio, enhancing productivity and constant innovation.
* Management of Support Crew and Quality and efficiency of installations
* Logistical and Operation Management of all Studio activities
* Hold team meetings regarding upcoming jobs with detailed requirements well in advance of events including vases, flowers, accessories and transportation required
* With the support of the team of florists ensure that all events are made up and delivered on schedule
* In conjunction with the Head Florist Designer review if any additional staff/ Freelancers or installation or delivery support is required, to get confirmation from Director and manage all additional staff required.
* Ensure drivers/staff have correct security documentation and meet health & safety requirements
* Attend larger events & weddings as a supervisor, co-ordinate team and liaise with client
* Ensure client completes the sign off form prior to leaving the venue, that props and vases are returned to the studio and noting any lost or stolen, broken or damaged items. Ensuring the client is either charged or directly notified of any losses.
* Provide feedback to Director & Monday morning meetings
* Inventory and Stock Management and Reporting
* Creating Systems that streamline operations
* You will be expected to build solid relationships with all studio and delivery staff, being the “glue” in operations.
* Create and maintain internal service level agreement for Studio.
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
* Responsible for hitting weekly/monthly/yearly profit and quality targets, and notifying directors on a weekly basis about financial performance
* Day to day accountability for the smooth, effective and efficient management of the Studio and Installation team
* Confident, able to delegate work and clearly instruct team
* Superbly organised and natural “hands on” problem solver
* A confident user of Microsoft Office
* Good numerical skills and excellent eye for detail
* Leadership skills
Apply for this role