3 months ago
Operational Risk Analyst - Staines, Surrey
Key words: Operational Risk Analyst, Operational Risk, Finance, Financial Services, Data, Analyst, Mortgage
Our client is a Finance company with a team of experienced mortgage professionals who have created a brand to take advantage of the UK market opportunities in specialist residential and buy lending.
They are looking to recruit an Operations Risk Analyst to assist the Head of Operational Risk to effectively identify, quantify and manage the Operational Risk profile of the business as well as assisting on a robust secondary control infrastructure.
Other Responsibilities Include:
• Carry out independent reviews of policies and procedures to ensure they are designed and operating effectively.
• Collate all relevant data within the business to provide an accurate profile of the business and its departments risk profile.
• Be a trusted employee of the Business
• Identify and assist the business in correcting problems and ensuring they are not repeated.
• Ensure all controls in place are effective in both design and usage
• Identify Key Risks within the business and monitor their movements
• Record and report on all Risk Events that occur within the business and work the process to a satisfactory conclusion for both the business and Operational Risk. This may include carrying out root cause analysis and recommending appropriate remedial actions.
• Assist the Head of Operational Risk in Risk and Control Self Assessments by providing challenges on the business of their risk profile and control efficiency
• Provide timely assistance/guidance upon operational risk matters.
• Analyse loss and event information, identify trends and common themes, and recommend solutions, controls and adequate risk management processes where appropriate, including forward-looking KRIs where relevant
• Create accurate monthly Board, ExCo and Risk Committee reports timely and in the correct format and medium.
Knowledge & Experience:
• Experience and understanding of the mortgage life-cycle and the financial services industry
• Proven policy and procedure development.
• Experience in risk and/or compliance management environments.
• Experience in lender business model and risk management environments meeting FCA guidelines.
• Knowledge in TCF, FCA operational principles, DPA and Financial Crime legislative requirements.
• Attention to detail is key for this role, ability to present information clearly, concisely, accurately, and in a manner, that promotes understanding.
• Analytical skills, ability to gather and manage information effectively, efficiently and ethically.
• Strong mathematical skills with a good understanding of identifying trends.
• Strong communication skills and able to communicate and present to all levels both internally and externally.
• Ability to use all Microsoft applications to an acceptable level without supervision.
• Proven experience of report writing to a senior management level.
• Independently and collaboratively formulates strategic solutions and considers opportunities which will add value to the business and meet organizational goals.
• Can demonstrate the company’s values of Understand, Respect and Respond.
• Fosters trust and collaboration by displaying respect of peoples’ beliefs, values and time with openness and integrity.
• Communicates in a constructive, friendly and positive manner that demonstrates respect and sets an example to all.
• Adapts communication style as appropriate to, support, coach and motivate both individuals and the organisation on risk matters, dependent on the given situation.
• Confident in challenging others, whilst at the same time maintaining and building a professional relationship
• Amiable personality that is always willing to assist and open to others’ opinion but also strong to challenge when necessary.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
23 days ago
only 5 days until close
21 days ago
only 6 hours until close
15 days ago
only 13 days until close
10 days ago
only 18 days until close