7 months ago
This company is a group of three, small but expanding construction companies based in Meopham, Kent. They are looking for a part time Accounts / Office Assistant to support a small team with various tasks related to accounts and general admin. You must have the enthusiasm to drive this business forward and personally succeed.
They are looking for someone with the ability to work well within a team, be self-motivated and can use your own initiative. You must have a strong and confident telephone manner when speaking with clients, suppliers, and site operatives etc.
It is essential that you have at least 3 years' experience in an office/accounts environment and that you have some knowledge of Sage Line 50. Training will be given, but some knowledge of CIS and payment applications would be helpful.
Some responsibilities of your role will include:
- Managing general office administration including answering telephone calls, e-mails, taking and relaying messages and answering queries where appropriate
- Able to handle a varied workload
- Analysing and input sub-contractor invoices and raising customer invoices and payment applications so attention to detail and common sense are paramount
- Assisting with Vat and CIS returns
- Entering data on our accounts system (they use Sage50)
- Basic business development - assisting with tender lists, pre-qualification questionnaires, development of policies and procedures
- Ordering Stationery as and when required
- Other general administration tasks as and when required
What skills are they looking for?
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong administration and IT skills Outlook/Excel/Word
- Maintenance of office emails
- Ability to work within timescales and prioritise work efficiently
- Punctuality, flexibility, and reliability are essential
- Due to their rural location, your own transport is essential
- Hours: part time (20 hours per week)
- Salary: £19,000 - £24,000 Pro Rata--******depending on experience and suitability, reviewed after 6 months
- 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays pro rata and pension
This role is both busy and challenging.
Please apply with a full CV and covering letter outlining why you would be suitable for this role. Please note that covering letters must be included within your CV as this cannot be accepted separately.