8 months ago
Newly Qualified Accountant - Newport
Our client are an industry leader within the high value manufacturing industry with an excellent reputation, they are looking to recruit a Newly Qualified Accountant.
The role forms a vital part of the Finance team and will business partner with cost centre managers throughout the business.
• Month End Reporting, Preparing & posting journals, Reconciling P&L and balance sheet.
• Prepare detailed reporting PowerPoint packs for Senior Management - Revenue & Margin, Install & Warranty, Inventory KPI's, Utilisation Rates and more
• Provide inventory management support by reviewing inventory transactions and adjustments
• Data entry/Manipulation & Reporting
• Assist in Business Partnering activities with the team, including margin improvement activities, and cost reduction analysis
• Supporting/Driving Continuous Improvement Initiatives through a willingness to question the status quo
• Provide input and support on Oracle issues, and have a willingness to become an expert within the group
• Review current procedures and processes with the view to suggesting and implementing improvements
• Assist with maintaining and developing strong internal controls and ensure compliance with SOX requirements
Skills and Experience required:
• Excellent knowledge of Oracle and preferably experience of implementing new ERP systems
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel with a range of advanced Excel skills (including lookups, pivots etc.)
• Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic business
• Ability to define problems, collect data and analyse to draw actionable conclusions
• Ability to effectively present and communicate information with all levels of management
• Good communication and teamwork skills
• Part or newly qualified e.g. CIMA / ACCA/ACA
• Experience in a manufacturing environment, including reporting to senior management
• Preferably a knowledge and exposure to GAAP and SOX practices
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a market leader in a position that offers excellent benefits and excellent prospects for progression.
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003