7 months ago
Media Sales Advisor - Inbound
Media Sales Advisor - Inbound
LOCATION: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
JOB TITLE: Media Sales Advisor – BDM Team
SALARY £17,000 - £19,000 depending on experience + bonus
WORKING HOURS: 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday – Full Time hours
THE COMPANY: JPIMedia are a leading media company within the UK with brands including The I, the Scotsman, Yorkshire Post, Sheffield Star, and Portsmouth News. Our digital audience is nationwide and we reach over 24m users a month across mobile, desktop and tablet.
THE ROLE: To directly input notices/space bookings over the telephone across our entire portfolio of products, upselling as necessary, advising on wording as appropriate and ensuring an excellent standard of customer service.
Key Responsibilities of a Media Sales Advisor to include:
● Working under the direction of the Media sales manager to achieve revenue targets and KPIs
● Managing own workload in accordance with performance standards
● Deliver customer service in line with quality guidelines.
● Ensure compliance to relevant policies
● Using a range of sources to prepare for incoming calls in order to represent the company in a
● Developing a clear understanding of the customer’s needs by effective questioning, matching
needs to the product range.
● Delivering outstanding customer care including rectifying problems within the required
performance standard and in line with the query resolution matrix
● Educating customers in new products and propositions as appropriate
● Monitoring sales performance against target and KPI’s and taking action to rectify
● Managing incoming calls and sales enquiries in line with call structure guidelines.
● To participate in sales days and other business development initiatives as necessary
● Using the systems to manage the sales order process through to completion
● Ensuring that the customer and sales records are completed in accordance with standards of
performance including order confirmations.
● Delivering to deadline while maintaining a high level of accuracy at all times.
● Accurate collection of customer data.
● Working as part of a team in collaborative efficient manner to deliver excellent service to the
customer leading to high value new and repeat business as appropriate
● Ensuring effective communication channels exist both externally and internally to ensure the
customer and business needs are achieved
● Adheres to JPI Media and procedure guidelines, in all areas including Health and Safety
Key Skills/experience for the role of Media Sales Advisor:
● Telephone communication skills at high standard,
building immediate rapport
● Professional at all times
● Ability to adapt communication style & tone to
● Used to working within deadlines and under
● Optimistic, self motivated and can work
independently if necessary
● Pays close attention to detail
● Can do attitude
● Proficient in working with direct booking and tech enabled systems
JPIMedia is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.