Managing Director, Saffron Walden -
LPA Connection Systems is a circa £10m turnover electro-mechanical engineering company formed at the beginning of the 20th Century and is a leading electro-mechanical engineering company based in Saffron Walden, Essex, with good road links via the M11 and Stansted Airport.
As part of the AIM listed LPA Group, LPA Connection Systems is a leader in its field, both within the UK as well as on a global scale, exporting circa 50% of their products to over 45 countries around the world. They specialise in the design, manufacturing and distribution of an extensive range of electrical connector products and connection systems for a range of industry sectors, including aviation, rail, marine, and defence. Currently employing 80 people they have in-house fabrication, machining, assembly and test facilities to provide flexible, short lead-time and cost-effective supply to their customers' programmes. The company is ISO 9001 certified and is approved by companies such as Bombardier Transportation, Alstom and Hitachi Rail.
Now is the time for a new Managing Director to join the business and lead from the front! As the highest ranking manager in the business you will control and oversee all business operations, people and ventures, as well as being ultimately responsible for the overall success of the business.
The ideal candidate will be a strategist and a leader who is able to steer the company to the most profitable direction while also implementing its vision, mission and long term goals.
The role will come with the following responsibilities:
- Leading the company from the front and ensuring that all employees buy into the company vision.
- Setting the overall strategic direction of the company alongside the board, including planning and implementing long term business strategies to achieve the company's objectives.
- Managing the direction and growth of the company, with a specific focus on driving sales and operations - guiding, inspiring and empowering senior managers to lead their teams effectively.
- Delegate responsibilities and supervise the work of executives providing guidance and motivation to drive maximum performance.
- Looking for opportunities to increase efficiencies and speed up processes across the business.
- Re-evaluating and then implementing new processes and procedures across the business.
- Working closely with the Sales Director and Sales Team to develop new business, particularly with a focus on developing high-margin, ad-hoc accounts.
- Analysing opportunities for growth in market segments to drive profitability.
- Setting company-wide KPI's to gauge company performance in all areas.
- Meeting with the board on a monthly basis to report results and discuss business performance.
- Analyse problematic situations and occurrences and provide solutions to ensure company survival and growth.
- Meeting with the finance director on a regular basis to review the company's financial performance.
- Interviewing for senior positions within the organisation and signing off offers of employment.
- Setting company budgets and forecasts alongside the finance director.
- Carrying out regular SWOT analysis to mitigate any potential risks through industry and market changes.
- Ensure company policies and legal guidelines are communicated all the way from the top down in the company and that they are followed at all times.
The role has the following direct reports:
- Finance Director
- Engineering Director
- Sales Director
- IT/Systems Manager
- Production Manager
- Quality Manager
You might be currently operating at MD level in another manufacturing business but might be in need of a fresh new challenge, or you may be a successful operations director looking for the next step in your career but finding that your path to the top job is blocked.
Whatever your situation or motivation, the following attributes are important:
- Proven and impressive track record of successfully managing a manufacturing business
- Possesses a deep understanding of the manufacturing sector and its main challenges, ideally both within the UK and on a global scale
- Natural leader and motivator of people, tenacious in their approach and with the ability to empower their workforce, enabling them to achieve their goals.
- Target driven and results focused individual with the ability to drive sales and operations within a business.
- Capable of assessing what changes need to be made and then driving that change, e.g. reviewing systems and processes in order to make them slicker and more efficient.
In return you will be offered:
- A competitive financial package - £90,000-£100,000 basic salary, company car/allowance, competitive benefits package
- With the support of the board you will have autonomy and ownership when running the business, enabling you to drive and implement your own strategy and ideas.
- An excellent working environment coupled with a highly capable and stable workforce.
This role is easily commutable from Cambridge, Chelmsford, Bishops Stortford, Harlow, Greater London, Stevenage, St Albans, and Braintree. It is strongly preferred that the Managing Director lives within a one hour commute of the business.
If you have not heard back from us within seven days, please assume that your application has not been successful.
For more information and to apply, please contact David Atkin at Brand Recruitment.