8 months ago
Management Accountant - part qualified
Salary: £25-27.5K, plus (dependent on experience)
Location: Ellesmere Port
Job Ref: SEEMA2019/2
Our client has a proud history of over 35 years of engineering design and environmental consultancy. They are entering a period of growth and change which has brought about this exciting opportunity to join them. The successful candidate will be expected to progress into the senior leadership team and gain his CIMA qualification.
Management Accountant to work closely with the Finance Director to deliver accounting and support services across the business. They are looking for a CIMA part-qualified with a minimum of 2 years' experience in industry.
• Preparation of accurate and timely management accounts
• Manage the preparation of sales invoices and credit control
• Manage supplier invoices, expense processing and payments
• Daily review of Company Bank and invoice finance accounts.
• Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts - forecasting sales receipts, supplier payments and outgoings
• Prepare project reviews, analysis and project cost to complete reports for management
• Preparation and submission of VAT returns.
• Ensure that payroll adjustments are administered accurately and timely (e.g. promotion, leaver, sickness, holiday, maternity/paternity leave, etc.)
• Preparation of management reports to external stakeholders as and when required
• Support the business managers in the provision and interpretation of financial information through business partnering
• Assist in the preparation of budgets and forecasts drafting appropriate commentaries and recommendations
• Ensure the accurate and timely reporting of business and project risk
• Ensure that all financial statements and records are maintained in accordance with the latest financial regulations and legislation
• Liaise with bank and financial institutions
• Preparation of audit files and statutory accounts
• Liaise with auditors to ensure accurate and timely preparation of audit information
Skills, Education and Experience
• CIMA part qualified - study support provided
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in industry
• Preferable experience of working in engineering and project management environment
• Ability to manage time and activities
• Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
• Strong communicator with an ability to influence others
• Ability to work and communicate at the operational level in the business
• Proactive and self-motivated
• Solid technical skills using PowerPoint, Excel and Word
• Preferable experience using Sage or similar accounting software
About our client
One of the fastest-growing energy and environmental consultancies in the UK. For over 35 years, our client has been providing innovative solutions for their clients. They are an industry leader with an expanding portfolio, spanning R&D to design and commissioning of process technology globally. With growth worldwide, both in emerging and existing industries, the company can offer incredibly varied projects with clients across the globe.
Please note you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
To apply for this Management Accountant role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.