We are looking for an experienced Management Accountant for the superb company in Camberley, Surrey.
Our client is one of the UK’s leading Accident Repair Solution providers servicing both the Insurer and Fleet sectors from eight locations within the South West and Home Counties region and a head office support facility based in Surrey. They operate a model similar to franchising whereby branches operate as profit centres but with extensive support services provided from the centre that help them to deliver a consistent customer experience under their brand, backed up with efficient systems, processes and support.
As Management Accountant your responsibilities will include the production monthly management accounts. You will also assist with budgeting and forecasting and ad hoc analysis and prepare month-end schedules.
• Production of monthly management accounts to a tight deadline (along with commentary and analysis).
• Presentation of financial data to senior management team & Branch managers.
• Oversee Finance team, consisting of 9 staff members including 3 direct reports.
• Dealing with any escalated financial queries from accounts team
• Run the trials balance and monitor ledger transactions to ensure compliance with agreed accounting principles
• Assist with preparation of year end packs for presentation for audit purposes
• Ad-hoc reporting for management
• Supervise and assist with the work undertaken by the accounts’ technicians
• Conduct audits on accounting processes (incl. general ledgers; supplier and customer statements and transaction)
Responsibilities to be overseen by Management Accountant
• All inter-company transactions
• Banking reconciliations (and between linking computer systems)
• Calculation and production of accruals and pre-payments
• Preparation of monthly, weekly and as required daily cash-flow statements
• Manage, prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns online
• Assist with payroll function, including Time & Attendance records P45 and P11D and payroll records.
• Maintenance of asset registers and depreciation schedules
Skills/Experience & Qualification
• Experience with month-end and general accounting experience, gained within the SME sector
• Highly competent in book keeping
• Competent in using Microsoft Office, the internet and web-based applications
• Experience of using electronic book keeping applications - SAGE or equivalent
• Strong analytical skills with an eye for detail
• Ability to prioritise a busy workload
• Studying towards your CIMA/ACCA
• Demonstrates tenacity
• Strong team-working skills
• Positive and encouraging
• Pays close attention to detail
• High standards of presentation
What our client is offering
• A basic pay £33,000 to £38,000
• 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays (rising with service)
• Life assurance
• Employee assistance programme
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Accounts, accounting, bookkeeper, ledgers, management accountant,