An exciting opportunity has arisen at Bowker Motor Group for an experienced Management Accountant. The position is based at the Preston Docklands BMW Centre covering the Preston-based BMW, MINI, Harley-Davidson and Motorrad franchises. You will report directly to the CEO, Group Finance Director and Managing Director, and be responsible for a team of five.
Applicants must be ACA or CIMA qualified, and be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel with experience of macros and reporting. You must be a team player, self-starter and be able to work under pressure as well as to tight deadlines.
The job roles and responsibilities will include:
• Preparation of internal monthly management accounts and external Inter Firm submissions for three divisions to tight reporting deadlines
• Monthly forecasts and preparation of annual budgets
• Supporting line managers with financial analysis
• Preparation of statutory accounts and liaison with external auditors
• Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns and associated Intrastat reporting
• Implementation of systems and processes and integration of new franchise into reporting structure
Ad hoc duties will be as required and include Equal pay reporting, Payment policy reporting and PCI/DSS compliance reporting.
Benefits of working for this successful and award-winning retailer Group include:
• Competitive salary
• BMW company car
• Company pension scheme
• Private medical insurance
• 23 days holiday a year plus bank holidays, increasing to 25 days after 5 years’ service
• Preferential rates on BMW and MINI through the Group staff car scheme
• Training, coaching and development funded
• Free tickets to local and national events
• Staff social events