5 months ago
JOB TITLE: Logistics Coordinator
LOCATION: Southbourne, near Chichester, Hampshire
SALARY & BENEFITS: Excellent salary opportunity dependent upon previous experience
WORKING HOURS: Full Time - Monday – Friday 09:00am – 5:30pm
THE COMPANY: Our client, established in 2003, based in Hampshire specialise in vehicle paint, fabric, leather, glass, alloy wheel and rust protection products and supply them to the motor trade. Their Head Office is based in Southbourne, near Chichester and are now on the lookout for a Logistics Coordinator join their ever expanding, forward thinking, fun and friendly team.
THE ROLE: The role of the Logistics Co-ordinator will be to support the Operations and Logistic Manager at our client’s Head office. Our client transports goods world-wide, and the appointed person will be responsible for managing shipping operations, particularly with regard to the required documents and invoicing. He or she will oversee deliveries from inception to receipt and will be entrusted with making sure all of the necessary regulations and paperwork are implemented and adhered to, flag any potential issues and recommend and implement suitable resolutions.
Key Responsibilities of the Logistics Coordinator to include:-
• Coordinating the export process from start to finish, from booking the freight forwarder to organising the documentation and tracking progress
• Keeping abreast of regulatory changes
• Handling pricing information
• Taking and approving orders and arranging shipments
• Providing cover for the Operations and Logistic Manager in her absence
• Providing administrative support activities for the sales team
• Use of the ordering software systems
THE CANDIDATE: The ideal candidate will have previous experience within a similar role. They will have a track record demonstrating good experience of worldwide export. Good knowledge of international export law would be highly beneficial. Our client is looking for someone who has excellent communication skills both written and verbal. The ability to work as part of a team is essential; however, pro-activeness and the ability to work under your own initiative will be essential, as independent working will also be required.
Key requirements for the role of Logistics Coordinator based in Southbourne, near Chichester:
• Will live within a commutable distance of the Southbourne
• Employ a positive hard-working attitude
• Demonstrate a ‘can-do’ mentality
• Be highly tenacious on the achievement of tasks and goals
• ‘Attention to detail’ will be your watchword
• Proof of good IT skills. Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite is essential and an excellent knowledge of Excel and Word is essential
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks concurrently
• Demonstrate the ability to calmly manage high-pressure and demanding situations
• Be adaptive to different and often rapidly changing environments and requirements
• Have the ability to stay focused in a busy and demanding environment.
Does this sound like you? If yes and you would like to apply for the Logistics Coordinator position then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
28 days ago
only 9 hours until close
8 days ago
only 20 days until close
7 days ago
only 21 days until close
6 days ago
only 22 days until close