This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the fastest growing companies in the Financial Services industry as a Loans Underwriter in Stockport.
As Loans Underwriter you will underwrite loans to applicants by ensuring that a detailed fact finding exercise is carried out with each applicant and a decision granted taking into account all information obtained.
As Loans Underwriter your responsibilities will include:
• Taking inbound calls and making outbound calls
• Customer service by helping customers who are having difficulties on the website or general queries
• Completing full applications with applicants and questioning applicants around the loan purpose and their current financial situation
• Advising applicants on loan re-payments
• Conduct a thorough income and expenditure to ensure clients can afford to meet the proposed loan repayments
• Conduct a credit search on the client to ensure they meet criteria, study the search and discuss it with the applicant
• Validate Clients bank details by obtaining and checking proof of income and any other documents required to satisfy the company’s Lending Policy
• Make a formed lending decision based on the information gathered.
• Collect any additional information off the applicant or their employer (if required)
• Contact employer to conduct employment checks
• Act in accordance with FCA guidelines at all times
The ideal candidate for the role of Loans Underwriter must have:
• Previous experience within Financial Services, particularly within an FCA regulated environment
• Knowledge of lending and of the Consumer Credit Act
• Good computer literacy and mathematical skills
• Excellent attention to detail and strong organisational skills
• Good time management skills
• Excellent telephone manner
For the role of Loans Underwriter, there is a salary on offer of £18,000 to £22,000 basic plus bonus with a potential OTE of £28k per annum, plus:
• Pension Scheme
• Paycare - Health Cash Plan
• Childcare Scheme
• 28 days annual leave
• Extra day off for Birthday holiday
• Length of service gifts & benefits
How to Apply
Please note that eRecruitSmart is a Recruitment Agent and not a direct employer. Your CV will be sent to the Hiring Manager at the company who is responsible for the vacancy that you have applied to. Please only apply if you consent to these terms.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Insurance, loans, underwriting, underwriter,