6 months ago
The Solent LEP is seeking to appoint a Business Support Assistant on a full-time basis to provide full administrative assistance to the Executive Support Officer to support the governance service to the LEP Board of Directors, company membership, the Solent Growth Forum (SGF) and the Advisory Panels, which will enable its proceedings to be conducted effectively
The Business Support Assistant role is wide ranging and the post holder will become a key member of the wider executive support structure to the LEP, providing administrative support across all areas of the organisation, including LEP Advisory Panels. The post-holder will need to demonstrate a flexible approach to working; both in terms of the range and level of duties to be undertaken, and also to working hours - which will at times require attendance at early morning and evening meetings outside of regular office hours.
The Solent LEP Business Support Assistant will report to the Solent LEP Personal Assistant (PA) and Office Manager and work closely with the LEPs legal teams, Chief Executive and wider Executive team to administer an exemplary corporate governance service to the LEP.
• Achieved a Level 3 apprenticeship in a related discipline (or equivalent qualification).
• A minimum of 2 years' experience of working in an office based environment or an administration role. Desirable characteristics
• Demonstrable interest in legal matters/procedures relating to corporate governance.
• Relevant experience as a Personal Assistant, Executive Support Assistant, Clerk or similar role to a comparable entity in either the public or private sector;
• Excellent planning and organisational skills;
• Excellent literacy skills and ability to write for a variety of audiences;
• Excellent numeracy skills;
• Good IT skills and experience with Microsoft Office programmes including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• High level of attention to detail and accuracy;
• The ability to work alone and as part of a small team;
• The ability to prioritise, manage a busy workload and work to deadlines;
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality;
• Willingness to attend meetings across the Solent area;
• Flexible approach to duties and willingness to work as part of a wider Executive team to support any and all operations of the Solent Local Enterprise Partnership where required;
• Flexible approach to working hours and willingness to attend meetings at times convenient to the Solent LEP, often including early and/or evening meetings.
The role requires excellent communication skills and you will be a proven team-player who is able to demonstrate previous experience as an efficient administrator. Maturity and the ability to ‘hit-the-ground running’ are a must. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate strong organisational skills and attention to detail. This position interfaces with CEOs and Heads of Service of external clients, as well as internal colleagues, so a confident and polite telephone manner is absolutely essential, as well as the ability to be discreet and respect client confidentiality. You will need to be enthusiastic, flexible, polite and helpful. A good standard of written English is required to fulfil the duties of report writing and preparing presentations. Applicants will need to have a minimum of 2 years' experience of working in an office based environment or an administration role and/or have
achieved a Level 3 apprenticeship in a related discipline (or equivalent qualification).
The role will be offered at 37 hours per week, Monday - Friday. As part of the role, there may be the requirement to attend LEP Board, Panel, SGF and Company Meetings (circa 10 meetings per annum) which are likely to take place outside of the core hours (either as breakfast or evening meetings). Time off in lieu will be offered for any hours worked outside of core time.
If this is the role for you, apply now!
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: Level 4 Apprentice Business Support Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: £19,619 p.a
WORKING HOURS: 37 hours per week
26 days ago
only 1 day until close
23 days ago
only 5 days until close