3 months ago
Legal Secretary - Industrial Disease (Part-Time) - Pontefract
Salary: £17,000 pro-rata
A leading firm of Solicitors working across the whole of Yorkshire and the UK. With considerable growth over the last 5 years, which is a reflection of the professionalism of their staff, who work in a friendly and professional manner to provide quality, cost effective legal solutions for all clients. With over 100 employees, they have dedicated departments providing specialist legal advice whatever the situation.
Acting for the personal needs of private clients, their highly experienced commercial team work on behalf of many business clients - from small owner managed firms to large corporations.
Our client are now recruiting for a part-time Legal Secretary (min 22.5 hours per week) who will provide support to their Principal, allowing the department to operate at optimum efficiency. The successful candidate will have previous secretarial and audio typing experience.
The Legal Secretary will use a high degree of self-management and initiative, be mindful of client care at all times, be flexible with travel, working for various fee earners and covering Reception when needed.
Role responsibilities will include:
• To prepare correspondence and documents for fee-earners through audio-typing and word processing
• To administer filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with procedures
• To prepare mail and enclosures for collection
• To administer all photocopying
• To make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for your Principal if required to do so
• To provide support to other Legal Secretaries as required
• To undertake any specific training when required, and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development
• Provide cover for the Receptionist/Admin Assistant, including dealing with calls, assisting with post and any other relevant duties
• Maintaining a high level of client care and confidentiality
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Must be trained in secretarial practice
• Excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills
• Preferably previous experience as a legal secretary or experience of working in an alternative professional office
• GCSEs at Grade C or above, or the equivalent qualification
• Good organisational ability and client care skills
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.