3 months ago
Legal Secretary - North Dorset
Salary: £18,000 - £20,000
With a history dating back to 1924, our client's team of specialist legal experts provides advice and guidance to clients and ambitious business leaders across Dorset.
They are home to the brightest minds in law and their importance on teamwork has been the key to their success, having a powerful effect on personal and business endeavours.
Our client has a new opportunity for an experienced Legal Secretary to join their Family Law team. To provide efficient secretarial, case work and administrative support to the Principals and fee earners, to receive clients and general enquiries and deal with them in a pleasant and efficient manner.
Main Duties:• To provide full secretarial support for the family team Principal/solicitors/legal executives and by arrangement and request other Principals/solicitors/legal executives
• To produce typing in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
• To be fully conversant and proficient with the firm's IT and database systems and to be confident and accurate in their correct usage
• To deal promptly and courteously with the taking and making of telephone calls
• To be familiar and confident with the firm's accounting practices for client and office monies, cheque requests etc
• To keep up to date with changes and developments to systems and procedures
• To provide support for the marketing and promotional activities of the department and firm
• To attend and work at other offices if required
• To cover other reasonable duties and tasks
Essential Skills & Requirements:
• Good general education
• Secretarial experience
• Confidence to work on own
• Experience of working in a legal practice
• Experience of working in the Family department
• Knowledge of solicitors office and legal business
• Good communication skills
• Strong administration skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Client care skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Able to travel and work at other offices
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.