The post is for a Secretary to provide secretarial and administrative support to the members of the Education Team and in particular to the London Education Partners.
General secretarial duties include, but are not limited to:
- Dealing with clients as and when required both verbally and in person.
- General file management including: collating all new client/matter data in order to open files. Closing of files and matters. Filing (electronic files and physical documents and correspondence) in a timely fashion;
- Performing conflict searches and completing risk assessments using standard Firm procedures;
- Time recording on document management system, including typing attendance notes and digital dictation;
- General document production including printing, photocopying, binding and scanning documents;
- Typing, formatting and processing correspondence and documents;
- Providing/reviewing billing ledgers and checking for discrepancies, preparing billing documentation and billing narrative summaries and drafting covering correspondence for approval on a monthly basis to meet billing deadlines;
- Completing and processing internal forms, including expenses forms and reconciliation of monthly credit card expenses with credit card statement;
- Diary management, including arranging internal and external meetings, and travel arrangements;
- Taking calls and messages including gate-keeping for fee-earners during their absence;
- Preparing precedents of documents and storing them on the network;
- Dealing with post and arranging couriers;
- Assisting with ad-hoc marketing tasks as required by the office, including preparation and collation of handouts for talks and workshops;
- Undertaking any additional administrative tasks as reasonably required by the Team.
- Proficient IT and keyboard skills (including Word and Excel)
- Proactive with an active interest in the team
- Excellent inter-personal skills when dealing with clients and others
- Ability to use initiative and demonstrate a can—do attitude to solving problems
- Willingness to learn
- Ownership of tasks through to completion
- Ability to work under pressure and to a high level of accuracy
- Willingness to work supportively and co-operatively with other members of the team
- Organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Administrative skills with the ability to contribute to improving working practices
- Must be discreet when dealing with the Firm’s confidential affairs
- Accurate and efficient audio and copy typing skills.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. It is important that the successful candidate is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.
The candidate should be well-organised, technologically proficient and capable of working on their own or within a team.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respects and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
Personal qualities are important. The candidate is expected to work as part of a team with other members of the Team. Having a positive can-do attitude along with the ability to focus and remain composed in times of increased pressure is important.
The post-holder will report to Head of the Education Team.
Working hours – 9.00am – 5:30pm