about 1 month ago
Starting Salary - £18,000 per annum
Legal Assistant (Estate Coordinator)
Our client is looking for talented, dedicated and pro-active individuals, with a passion for providing excellent customer service to assist them in providing the best estate administration service to their clients. You will be joining a business whose sole aim is to help families move on.
The Estate Coordinator role is a varied and integral role in supporting the whole of the estate administration process, providing a good overview and working relationship with all teams within Service Delivery. Both active and administrative, this role requires a 'can do' attitude, great attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. Due to the busy nature of this position time management and organisation are key, as well as a friendly, helpful and positive outlook around the office.
Whilst professional experience is of high importance to us as a business in finding the right candidates, it is of equal importance that they are a suitable fit for the culture they offer as a business. Our client upholds four core values and behaviours: Pro-activity, Professionalism, Pride and Politeness. The right candidates will uphold these values in all aspects of their work whilst inspiring their colleagues to do the same.
• Great communication and relationship building skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• A positive approach to achieving targets
• Able to manage time effectively whilst maintaining accurate and high-quality work
• Able to work effectively as part of a team
• Adaptable to change in line with business needs
• Demonstrable experience of producing highly detailed and accurate work
• Experience in managing multiple tasks and prioritising deadlines
• Proven ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Experience of working within an office environment
• Degree or equivalent level qualification
• Experience of working within Legal or Financial Services
• 25 days Holiday Entitlement (Increasing 1 day annually to a maximum of 30)
• Buy or Sell up to 5 days holiday per year
• Health Cash Plan - Cash back for Dental, optical and other treatments
• PERKS - Employee discounts across a range of high street products.
• Income protection insurance
• Life assurance policy
• Company pension (Matched contribution up to 5%)
• 12 weeks Enhanced Parental leave policy
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Office Fruit
• Premium `Bean to Cup` coffee machine
• Answering income calls from third parties and beneficiaries
• Dealing with post, updating the system and logging appropriate work
• Paying in cheques
• Drafting and printing letters
• Identify pre-emptive complaints, compliments, process issues and log them appropriately.
• Check and review all required documents for each estate
• Register the Death with Bereavement Register and Mail Preference Service
• Conduct Insolvency, Will Search, Land Registry and Money Laundering checks as well as arranging Property Valuations
• Making applications to the Probate Registry for Grants of Representation
• Chasing third parties for information pertaining to existing cases
• Paying debts and expenses on estates, including the funeral
• Obtaining income tax information
• Dealing with enquiries from the Department of Work and Pensions
• Encash and transfer assets of an estate
• Closing Files when the Estate Administration is complete
• Dealing with queries on closed cases
• Prepare distributions of an estate
• Preparing estate accounts for client review
• Property sales - assisting with aspects of selling properties from an estate.
• Identify complaints, pre-emptive, compliments, process issues and log them appropriately.
Our client aims to be the most successful and respected estate administration business in the UK. A regulated business, founded in 2002, they only do one thing: estate administration. They are totally focused on their purpose, helping families to move on. Their business partners refer their customers to them and they provide an innovative and highly customer focused service to the family. As a result of this, they provide value to partners. This value can be achieved by tailoring the outcome to the business partner depending on their service or commercial requirements. In the existing solicitor channel
Our client is committed to preventing fraud and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of employees, and applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including electronic identity checks, review of references and feedback from past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
To apply for this Legal Assistant role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
25 days ago
only 3 days until close
22 days ago
only 6 days until close