3 months ago
Starting from £19,000 pa (Negotiable on experience)
Legal Assistant / Senior Estate Coordinator
We are looking for talented, dedicated and pro-active individuals, with a passion for providing excellent customer service to assist us in providing the best estate administration service to our clients. You will be joining a business whose sole aim is to help families move on.
The Legal Assistant (Senior Estate Coordinator) role is a varied and integral role in supporting the whole of the estate administration process, providing a good overview and working relationship with all teams within Service Delivery. Both active and administrative, this role requires a ‘can do’ attitude, great attention to detail, and a willingness to learn. Due to the busy nature of this position time management and organisation are key, as well as a friendly, helpful and positive outlook around the office.
Whilst professional experience is of high importance to us as a business in finding the right candidates, it is of equal importance that they are a suitable fit for the culture we offer as a business. We uphold four core values and behaviours: Pro-activity, Professionalism, Pride and Politeness. The right candidates will uphold these values in all aspects of their work whilst inspiring their colleagues to do the same.
• 25 days Holiday Entitlement (Increasing annually to 30)
• Buy or Sell up to 5 days holiday per year
• Health Cash Plan : Cash back for Dental, optical and other treatments
• PERKS : Employee discounts across a range of high street products.
• Income protection insurance
• Life assurance policy
• Company pension (Matched contribution up to 5%)
• 12 weeks Enhanced Parental leave policy
• Cycle to work scheme
• Employee Assistance Programme
• Free Office Fruit
• Premium “Bean to Cup” coffee machine
• Take ownership and responsibility for logging tasks and completing more senior tasks across all product lines including but not limited to:
• Undertaking genealogical searches such as birth, marriage and death as well as searches for beneficiaries using address tracing
• Undertaking beneficiary interviews on own files
• Regularly review AGR pending cases
• Taking ownership of some AGR 3 and AGR 4 files and delegating certain research tasks to Estate Coordinators.
• Compiling reports for clients on behalf of the Personal Estate Manager.
• Liaising with researchers overseas and taking ownership of AGR International files
• Mediating with insurers on behalf of the Personal Estate Manager
• Liaising with the Title Research Personal Estate Manager to understand workload and case priorities
• Taking a lead role in performing file reviews on estates with overseas assets and how to progress them efficiently
• Supervising the drafting of overseas repatriation forms and other case tasks
• Checking the quality and accuracy of all outgoing overseas asset paperwork
• Investigating the history of shareholdings, recent mergers and acquisitions to assist the client in understanding the current state of investments held by the Deceased
• Log Legal & tax tasks as required
• Dealing with electronic post, updating the system and logging appropriate work
• Dealing with incoming and outgoing calls for third parties
• Encash and transfer of assets of an estate
• Complete grant checklist
• Closed files - dealing with post
• Paying in cheques
• Dealing with aspects of Shares sales, transfers and indemnities
• Action/respond to queries raised by the Technical Specialist team
• Files reviews of estate administration cases
• Distributions - calculate and prepare distributions of an estate
• Drafting client letters and guides
• Preparing estate accounts for client review
• Property sales : assisting with aspects of selling properties from an estate.
• Identify complaints, pre-emptive, compliments, process issues and log them appropriately.
• Good communication and time management skills
• Good attention to detail and proactive at all times.
• A positive approach to exceeding targets.
• Communication and relationship building skills including team working; communicating information in a clear and commercial manner; resilient when dealing with difficult third parties
• Evident passion for delivery, area of expertise and sharing best practice.
• Maintains output despite dealing with ambiguity and change.
• Able to work at pace whilst maintaining an accurate, high quality output.
• Experience of working within an office environment preferably in an estate administration, genealogy, probate or legal environment.
• Experience in managing multiple tasks of varying complexity to associated deadlines, whilst providing high quality output and maintaining internal and external service provision.
• Proven track record of dealing with third parties (internal or external) on the telephone.
• A degree or similar qualification in Law or CILEX.
Kings Court Trust:
We aim to be the most successful and respected estate administration business in the UK. A regulated business, founded in 2002, we only do one thing: estate administration. We are totally focused on our purpose, helping families to move on. Our business partners refer their customers to us and we provide our innovative and highly customer focused service to the family. As a result of this, we provide value to our partners. This value can be achieved by tailoring the outcome to the business partner depending on their service or commercial requirements. In the existing solicitor channel we use the Title Research brand. Title Research has a fifty year heritage with solicitors providing specialist people tracing and asset repatriation services worldwide. These services are provided thousands of times a year to existing solicitor customers of Title Research.
We are committed to preventing fraud and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of employees, and applicants must be willing to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including electronic identity checks, review of references and feedback from past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Please apply online and send your current CV / Cover Letter and any further documents supporting your application.
27 days ago
only 1 day until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
21 days ago
only 7 days until close
5 days ago
only 23 days until close