3 months ago
Legal and Compliance Officer
Location: Pencoed, Bridgend
Working hours: Part Time (approx. 15 - 22.5 hours per week with flexibility)
As a professional procurement organisation our client works on behalf of their customers throughout the UK to secure financial savings on their day-to-day costs - enabling them to use that money where it matters most. Our clients highest priority is focusing on achieving savings, adding value and to provide excellent customer service to all their customers.
What our client wants from a Legal & Compliance Officer:
In conjunction with the company's external legal advisors you will support the Director of Strategic Development, People and Compliance in providing an efficient and high-quality legal support service to the organisation. You will be responsible for helping ensure effective supplier, framework and customer contracts are put in place to cover its activities and that the organisation is compliant with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, enabling them to deliver a high-quality service to their customers. Access will be provided to appropriate legal know-how resources/databases to enable you to carry out this work.
Type of person our client is looking for:
Ideally with a legal degree or equivalent qualification, you will have around 2-5 years' experience of working in a legal support role. You will be ambitious to gain wide-ranging experience in commercial legal issues and their impact and relevance in a rapidly developing professional services environment as part of your career development. You will have strong analytical and MS Office skills, be familiar with online sources of legal information and advice, have excellent attention to detail and good communication and organisational skills.
Responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring our clients standard customer Terms and Conditions (T&Cs) are maintained and updated in accordance with company policies and all relevant legislation/regulation (in conjunction with their external legal advisors and senior management, where necessary), and that the current T&Cs are displayed on all relevant company communications/media.
• Working with the Infrastructure & Security Manager to ensure our client is compliant with ISO 27001 standards and any other current or future applicable security legislation and regulations.
• Working with the Data Protection Officer to ensure our client is compliant with GDPR Regulation and any other current or future applicable data protection legislation and regulations.
• Preparing, maintaining and updating as necessary a full range of legally compliant standard MOU, NDA, IPR Assignment,contract and tender/call off documentation templates for use with customers, suppliers and employees, in conjunction with our clients external legal advisors and senior management.
• Ensuring that compliance requirements arising from our clients customer and supplier contracts are identified, documented and known to staff responsible for ensuring and demonstrating compliance.
• Ensuring our clients IPR registrations and other protection measures are maintained and that the company is in compliance with its IPR policies.
• Providing general legal guidance and support covering standard queries to our clients procurement help desk and customer service in order to improve the value and effectiveness of their customer service.
• Drafting specific scope of service and charges schedules for customer and supplier contracts in support of commercial and procurement functions.
• Ensuring contracts are properly prepared and signed off for all our clients commercial activity and that complete and accurate online and hard copy contract records are maintained and updated.
• Advising the Company Secretary on when legal issues merit consultation with our clients legal advisors and acting as primary liaison point with those legal advisors.
• Ensuring all Companies House and other applicable returns are prepared and submitted on a timely basis.
What our client can offer you:
In addition to a competitive salary our client is offering the opportunity to work for a company that is experiencing a period of exciting growth. You will also get;
• 30 days annual leave FTE (including bank holidays) pro rata per annum increasing with length of service.
• Further enhanced leave e.g. for long term service
• 3 days paid mission leave per annum to support a charity of your choice
• An annual opportunity to donate a portion of the organisation's profits to a charity of your choice
• Flexible working arrangements.
• Opportunities for further professional development including training for CPD.
• On site gym and subsidised canteen
• Private Health Insurance
• Other benefits
In line with GDPR our client will permanently delete information for all unsuccessful applications and will not keep candidate information on file for future vacancies unless they ask for your consent to do so. Please do not send any sensitive data within your application.
To apply for this Legal and Compliance Officer role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.
8 days ago
only 20 days until close