Lead Software Engineer Java, Node or Kotlin Leeds
plus Pension, Bonus , Gym Membership, Healthcare/Dental, Childcare Vouchers plus very attractive perks and a good work/life balance
Our client is a leading Online gambling platform, who are looking for a Lead Software Engineer to lead a multi-disciplinary team of x8 highly skilled individuals. You will have experience of Java Script, Node or Kotlin within a high traffic online web platform with at least 5 years experience in a high demand and high availability environment.
My client offers an incredible opportunity to be part of a massive group of companies, where you will have a good work/life balance, autonomy and enjoy career development in an enterprising, forward thinking organisation.
Relocation packages are offered, along with flexible working hours.
What will you do?
- The Lead Software Engineer plays a key role in leading a multi-disciplinary squad of highly skilled individuals. In collaboration with the Product Owner and the solution architect, you will lead the delivery of high quality products to production, ensuring your team focuses on the highest priorities.
- Often running ahead to explore new market opportunities, your team will focus on rapid prototyping as well as more strategic services around betting. You will directly support the traders who use your services, including supporting an on-call rota.
- Reporting to an Engineering Manager, you will:
- Line manage and coach the Software Engineers in the squad
- Encourage squad members to lead initiatives and develop themselves
- Work with the team to drive best practices and technical improvements in the squad
- Work with the Engineering Manager to recruit the best engineers for your team
- Work with your Product Owner to determine the best way to deliver the roadmap
- Lead by example on transparent communication, ensuring that business expectations are always set realistically
- Champion, maintain and uphold the SDLC, and drive improvements to working practices
- Lead on inceptions and elaboration of work
What you will need to have:
- You will need to demonstrate good understanding of Java and ideally, AWS native technologies; and be comfortable with techniques such as message queues, data stores and know what makes a good RESTful API
- Some exposure to React, Kubernetes or Kafka is desirable but not essential
- You are self-motivated and willing to contribute at all levels, listening and learning from the talented people around you. You have an eye on the bigger picture and can plan ahead so there are no last minute surprises. You care about energizing your team to deliver fantastic services for customers.
- We understand you have a home life and aim to be flexible, both with the hours you work and the option to work from home one day a week
- Engineers work closely with colleagues in all positions, so a high level of interpersonal skill is important to us.
- This is not building a monolithic enterprise app - think micro-services and a lean approach with quick running tests, automation and deployment
We also offer an attractive relocation package for candidates that live outside the Yorkshire region, including those outside the UK.
This is a fantastic opportunity to become part of this large blue chip organisation who offer career progression and attractive opportunities! If this sounds like you then please apply now!
For more information please contact Stephanie Taggart at Collective Recruit
Our client has appointed Collective Recruit as their resource partner & we are managing this role on their behalf. To apply for this position please click on the apply now button below. Your details as submitted by you, will only be forwarded in relation to this vacancy; by submitting your CV to us you are giving us express consent to provide our client with your full details if we believe your skills and experience meets with our clients criteria and/or need.