2 months ago
Junior Assistant Consultant/Paraplanner - Welwyn, Herts
Salary: £24,000 - £28,000 (DOE) - plus benefits
Our Client) provides investment, pension, protection and estate planning advice to both corporate and individual clients.
They are passionate about client service and have a structured approach to regular client communication ensuring financial planning remains a priority. They work closely with many financial institutions to provide innovative solutions which will add value to our clients.
The company is a progressive organisation keen on recruiting talented individuals who have longer term goals of moving forward within the financial services industry.
Main Purpose of Job:
They are seeking to recruit a Junior Assistant Consultant to be based primarily in Welwyn. The successful candidate will work within a team consisting of an Assistant and Senior Consultant.
• Solid generalist experience, ideally within the Professional/Financial Services sector
• or a recent Graduate with a Finance Related Degree or Finance interest
• Strong organisational skills required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The successful candidate will assist their team on client matters which will entail the following:
• Obtaining relevant literature to accompany client reports
• Dealing with client administration
• Preparation of packs for meetings with clients including investment valuations
• Preparation of reports to clients on financial planning matters
• Learning and using all applications required for the job including: • Excel/Word
• Financial Express Analytics
• Intelligent Office client management system
• Wrap - investment deals & client processing
• Attend client meetings with senior consultant and contribute to such meetings
• Undertake research as required on specific projects.
Technical Knowledge and Qualifications:
Technical knowledge is not a pre-requisite but knowledge of pension, investment and life products will be advantageous. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the skill set below:
• Computer literate.
• Good keyboard and data entry skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Highly organised with good attention to detail.
• Self-motivated and willing to work within a team and alone.
• An interest in finance.
• High level of accuracy.
• Able to work under pressure with strict deadlines.
Main Core Skills Used in doing the Role:
• Hardworking and prepared to go `the extra mile` to ensure work is done on time and to the highest of standards
• Capable of working independently and ability to manage own workload
• Strong attention to detail
• Able to work under pressure to meet specific time deadlines
• Possesses a team ethic and prepared to assist others
• Well spoken and comfortable dealing with a wide range of individuals including clients and other professionals, maintaining at all times the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
• Good team player with a positive `can do` attitude.
Candidates who feel they can bring something to this role should apply by sending their up to date CV as soon as possible
Additional Resources are an Employment Business and an Employment Agency as defined within The Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
22 days ago
only 6 days until close