IT Service Transition Analyst,
IT Service Design & Introduction
Contract Type: Permanent
There has never been a more exciting time to become part of Lookers. We are proud to have recently been voted one of the UK's Top Employers and looking after both our people and our customers is at the heart of everything we do.
About the role
Play a key role in achieving the smooth delivery of new, changed or retired IT systems/services by ensuring an appropriate level of business engagement, planning, communications and due diligence has been undertaken prior to deployment. This is to ensure that there is no negative impact on users and/or customers.
This role involves engaging with delivery teams to input in to all stages of the project lifecycle; helping project teams to understand the business impact of deliveries; to conduct service impact assessments; working with technical architects and Support teams to create Service Designs; ensure IT Operations teams have been engaged and briefed, ensure supporting documentation has been produced; training (if appropriate) has been conducted and the Total Cost of Ownership (warranties, licences etc.) are fully understood.
Service Design & Introduction involves obtaining the relevant and accurate information, ensuring it is documented and presented in a range of template documents that are quick and easy to read. This allows IT Operations colleagues to provide our end users with a first class IT support.
Being involved early in the project life-cycle enables the team to engage with the relevant teams in order to successfully plan and align with the project as well as instilling ITIL practices. Working closely with the Change Management and Knowledge teams is essential to ensure their processes enhance Service Design & Introduction.
GCSE Maths, English
· IT Support and Business experience
· Significant experience in a role where it was necessary to be able to prioritise a range of different tasks, managing own time while working to deadlines.
· Negotiating with senior management and colleagues within IT and the wider business with the proven ability to influence decisions.
· Logical approach to workload and prioritisation
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to spot and rectify errors and question information received.
· Ability to plan and prioritise own workload to meet project milestones.
· Good written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritise workload whilst staying aware of project plans.
· An understanding of the ITIL Service Management Lifecycle.
· Full UK driving licence
· Self motivated ability to initiate and complete tasks to deadlines.
· Ability to build and maintain good working relationships with members of other IT teams.
· Self motivated; ability to initiate and complete tasks to deadlines.
· Willingness to learn and constantly expand knowledge.
· Willingness to share knowledge
· Customer and business orientation.
In recognition of the hard work, flexibility and commitment of our people we have recently introduced a new and improved industry leading benefits package. This includes competitive basic salaries, enhanced holidays that increase with service, critical illness cover after 2 years, one year fully paid maternity leave for women and for some roles a company car and high earning potential through commission or bonus.
As well as working with a great bunch of people you can also benefit from ongoing development with investment in specific brand and management training and the opportunity of a long term career path with one of the UK's Top Employers 2017.
If your application is successful we will conduct relevant employment checks prior to you starting with us. Depending on the role, these could include us verifying your recent employment, address and credit history. We may also conduct a criminal record check and a driving licence check.
Please note: We will close vacancies once the required quality or number of applications has been received.