26 days ago
This employer is a market-leading and established nationwide wholesale supplier of fire safety products. Their supply chain includes goods imported from a number of sources and within the UK. The maintenance of inventory stability and adequacy for demands is a critical function.
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, and working closely with Sales, Marketing, Purchasing and Operations teams, this role is a very responsible and is critical to the success of the business. The activity will include analysis of buying trends, planning and forecasting using past and projected data, real-time inventory management and the development and implementation of effective systems and controls.
They are looking for candidates who can demonstrate proven experience in Demand Planning and inventory management from within a relevant industry.
- The analysis of product sales and trends using past and projected data
- Anticipation and awareness of changes to forecasts with timely and appropriate action taken
- Creation and ownership of rolling 12 month forecast and circulation to relevant parties
- Establish, monitor and maintain optimal safety stock levels and product mixes to provide for demand
- Liaise with Sales, Marketing and Operations teams on large sales opportunities to support with appropriate stock line availability
- Responsible for global inventory levels and recommend action for overstocks
- Work closely with Purchasing on forecasting and availability of inventory for NPI and NOOS product lines
- Develop and maintain inter-departmental communication
- Key metrics include; OTIF, Forecast Accuracy and Inventory Availability
Desired Experience and Relevant Skills:
- Proven experience of demand planning, data analysis, report creation and effective forecasting
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple priorities and projects
- Effective communication at all levels
- Ability to work effectively under pressure without losing focus or direction
- Provide detailed and accurate information promptly when needed
- Respond quickly to changing priorities and situations
And in return:
The role is a demanding and responsible one and a salary commensurate with experience and abilities is available for the right candidate. A career development pathway is available.