about 1 year ago
Internal Sales Administrator
£20,000 + Performance-Linked Bonus
Job Type: Full time, office based role with some field visits from time to time.
About the Company:
Our client has a long track record of success in Embedded Computer Technology (ECT) acting as a Distributor and Value-Added-Reseller (VAR). Today, They work with leading brands in ECT, Positioning, Timing, RFID, Embedded Storage, Data Acquisition and I/O. They deliver B2B generic and bespoke solutions for rugged and demanding applications in Communications, Defence, Energy & Offshore and Transportation vertical markets. The focus of the business is organic growth in the UK & Ireland. This will be achieved by developing business with existing clients as well as new business in the target verticals, achieved by utilising the resources of the new, larger organisation, as well as working closely with suppliers.
Responsibilities and Competences:
Reporting to the Sales Manager, the successful applicant will ideally be an experienced sales administrator looking for a full-time, 5 days a week role in the team based in our offices at Medway City Estate, Rochester, Kent.
You will be a confident communicator and be well-organised with good telephone and numeracy skills to produce quotes, speak to callers and use email and phone calls plus online meetings to keep our customers and your colleagues up to date on orders and price inquiries.
Using Office 365 applications and online meeting tools will be an everyday part of the role. An ability and affinity with social media platforms such as Linked-In and Twitter would be advantageous. Our client operate a webshop and use of tools to monitor this and assist customers to find what they are looking for and complete transactions will be a part of this role.
• Answer and handle incoming sales inquiries by phone, email or website sources, providing information or relaying caller details to sales or technical colleagues for follow up.
• Produce, send and follow up quotations for assigned products and services, using the company CRM application software, phone and email.
• Order-entry using the company’s CRM and SAGE 200 system.
• Attend meetings at the company’s Rochester offices when customers visit or help to co-ordinate arrangements for such meetings, whether held on-site or at other locations.
• Assist in organising the company’s participation at tradeshows and promotional events. This would include administration tasks relating to booking stand space and liaising with suppliers and partners by phone and email. It could also include attending some events personally and visiting suppliers, such as stand designers and builders with colleagues.
Key skills needed by applicants for this role:
• Good proficiency with MS Office 365 software; Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams
• At least 2 years’ experience in an office environment in a similar or related role
• Good numeracy and strong attention to detail, with the ability to work quickly and accurately
• Ability to interact with internal and external customers at all levels within the business
• Ability to prioritise effectively, structure workload and deliver consistency
• Desire to learn how to use social media and other online platforms for marketing and information gathering purposes, raising awareness externally and internally of the business and markets in which it operates
Salary and Benefits:
Salary up to £20,000.00 /year plus a performance-linked bonus package.
Full UK driving licence.
To apply for this Internal Sales Administrator role, please submit your current CV and contact details online.
Orange Recruitment is advertising this position on behalf of our client. By clicking apply you accept that your application will be forwarded to only this client in order for them to consider you for the role.