Salary: £40,000 to £50,000 depending on experience
Term: Permanent, full-time
Location: Colindale, North London
We are an award-winning FTSE 250 energy supplier looking to recruit a talented Industry Codes expert to join our Regulation and Compliance team.
Would you like to build your career in one of the UK's fastest growing companies?
About the role
Working within our Regulatory team, you will be focusing on compliance with industry codes and the development and implementation of internal change in line with our strategic objectives, business needs, regulatory obligations and capacity to deliver.
You'll manage our compliance with multiple industry codes, interpreting and applying industry proposals to internal policies and procedures to ensure we continue to meet our regulatory requirements and deliver award winning customer service.
You'll need to have experience in dealing with large scale industry change programmes with knowledge of current industry transformations such as Smart Metering and Ofgem's Switching Programme. Responsibilities will include:
- Produce and maintain a framework to monitor Utility Warehouse's compliance against all industry codes.
- Produce and manage a consolidated a view of all industry change.
- Manage the production of scoping documents to brief industry led change into the Programme team.
- Collaborate with technology, programme, operations, marketing and finance personnel to produce assessments about industry led change proposals.
- Review and approve all internally led change proposals, process changes and marketing material for impact on our compliance with industry codes.
- Represent our interests at industry meetings, driving change proposals for the benefit of our customers.
A full specification is available on request.
You'll need a minimum of two years experience working within the regulation, industry codes or compliance space within the GB retail energy market. You'll also need:
- Understanding and experience of the regulatory landscape for Energy;
- Experience managing compliance with industry codes;
- Detailed understanding of retail energy codes (MRA and SPAA);
- Working knowledge of other energy codes (such as DCUSA, BSC, UNC and SEC) would be favourable;
- Good written, verbal and presentation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good grasp of business and regulatory terminologies;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, engaging key stakeholders to develop pragmatic solutions to complex problems;
- Outstanding attention to detail.
What we offer
As a FTSE 250 company we offer stability and career progression. Unlike other large companies however, we continue to have a welcoming, family feel. That's probably why lots of the team who joined us from the beginning are still here.
Your starting salary will be between £40-50K depending on your experience. You'll also benefit from 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays), free parking, an annual salary review, share options, an additional Christmas Bonus, staff discount, subsidised canteen and much more!
We embrace both diversity and inclusivity. So, we've built a culture where everyone counts - one where you'll feel valued and respected.