HR Manager – Competitive Salary DOE + Benefits – London, UK
We are looking for an experienced HR Manager to join our offices in London. Our HR Manager is a key custodian of our culture and values and our number one priority is to appoint someone who understands these values and can ensure they prevail through all aspects of Keltie life, whilst adopting sensitivity in adhering to the rigours of HR procedure.
You will have responsibility for staff across all offices; placing togetherness, trust and fairness at the heart of all your work. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to engage with a dedicated and talented staff base, and for Keltie to take on a fresh perspective in HR, working together to develop our culture and build on the foundations that have already made this a great place to work.
Some of the key responsibilities of a HR Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Understanding and maintaining Keltie culture and values through HR procedure and initiatives
- Taking the lead in the development of HR strategy and operational processes
- Managing all levels of HR queries, providing advice in line with current employment legislation, ensuring that policies and procedures are appropriately and fairly applied
- Providing advice on matters relating to Employee Relations such as disciplinary and grievance, performance management, sickness absence, occupational health referrals, probation etc.
- Managing parental leave (maternity, paternity and shared parental leave) including providing advice to employees on policy, pay, KIT days and return to work planning
- Keeping up to date on market intelligence on salaries and remuneration for the fee-earning and support groups and feed back to salary review process
- Drafting new policies, standard letter templates in line with changing employment legislation
- Maintaining Employee Handbook and other policy documents e.g. employee benefit scheme
- Managing payroll, pension and P11D administration for all employees
- Maintaining and developing our HR information system (Simply Personnel) to improve internal efficiency
- Exploring new ways of advertising jobs, liaising with agencies, training new managers in interviewing skills, and coordinating CVs and interviews as and when needed
- Performing any other ad hoc project work as required, e.g. events related to wellbeing, diversity, staff training, culture and values etc.
Keltie is an exceptional IP firm with a reputation for providing excellent client service to a range of small, medium and large clients around the world. Chambers and Partners ranks Keltie among Britain’s top ranked patent and trademark firms and we are one of the fastest-growing IP firms in the UK, with brand new offices in Cambridge and Galway.
The key skills and qualities of a HR Manager:
- Prior experience working in human relations within a company, combined with a comprehensive relevant technical HR knowledge
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, able to maintain fruitful and effective relationships at all levels of the company
- Excellent time management, able to manage time and tasks efficiently with good prioritisation
- Results focused and resilient under pressure, having a solutions-oriented approach when managing issues and problems
- Honest, discrete, reliable and committed with a strong customer focused ethos
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.