HR Manager – Competitive Salary + Benefits – Swindon, Wiltshire
We are seeking an experienced HR Manager who leads by example, can liaise at all levels, is confident, self-motivated and extremely organised. The ideal candidate would be CIPD (or equivalent) qualified (Level 5 preferred), with experience in recruiting and attracting talent particularly in an Associate model business; operating in the security, justice and defence sectors; and employee relations.
You will be able to juggle multiple demands whilst being resourceful, innovative and independently driven able to work independently as well as being able to seamlessly integrate yourself within the team. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your career in a dynamic company.
The key responsibilities of a HR Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Being the main point of contact for all managers and employees for HR related advice and guidance, advising and implementing HR policies and procedures as required
- Dealing with the full employee lifecycle from recruitment and onboarding, through employee engagement and development, pay and benefits, employee relations etc.
- Maintaining, growing our Associate staff talent; and managing the annual appraisal process
- Assisting managers with any performance related management issues and conflict resolution
- Managing the flow of CV’s for permanent and project roles, conducting pre-employment checks using an online external provider
- Management of the SC Clearance process for those that require Government vetting
- Leading on the advertisement, for both short term project and full-time roles; and leading the interview process
- Assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures, as well as staff performance and compliance (health and safety/data protection/safeguarding etc.)
We are Torchlight, a company of experts working to offer our clients unique perspectives and bespoke solutions to the complex challenges they face. We excel in delivering sustainable capacity and capability development and improvement across the full spectrum of Policing, Justice and the rule of law as well as Security and Defence sector reform. In both instances working hand in hand with national governments to build high quality and enduring capability.
The benefits of being a HR Manager are:
- Competitive salary + competitive pension scheme + Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual holiday, plus 8 bank holidays + opportunities for flexible working
- Eye care voucher scheme, local gym membership, free parking and more!
The key skills and qualities of a HR Manager:
- CIPD qualified with relevant experience; with experience as a single HR specialist within a company and comprehensive relevant technical HR knowledge (experience of operating in the security, justice, and defence sectors would be beneficial)
- Excellent time management, able to manage time and tasks efficiently with good prioritisation
- Commercially astute, able to understand, analyse and estimate fiscal data; and IT literate, especially the Microsoft Office suite
- Results focused and resilient under pressure, having a solutions-oriented when managing issues and problems
- Honest, discrete, reliable and committed with a strong customer focused ethos
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking company and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.