7 months ago
Do you want to work with a sixth form college who has had results above the national average for the past 25 years?
Full time 37 hours per week all year round with a salary of £16,000 per annum
We are looking for an organised and highly skilled administrator to provide secretarial and administrative support to a busy Human Resources department. Assisting in a range of activities including recruitment, staff development, safeguarding and employee relations.
A Foundation Certificate in Human Resources is desirable or a willingness to train on the Foundation Certificate (at your own expense) within the first year of commencing this role is essential.
Key Responsibilities for the Human Resources Assistant role to include:-
- Provide a complete, accurate, efficient and timely secretarial and administrative service
- Provide first class support to the busy HR function
- Monitoring processes associated with probation periods, fixed term contracts, references, DBS' and other key data
- Be proactive in dealing with enquiries from employees and the general public on routine HR matters
- Taking minutes of HR meetings and ensuring minutes are accurate and provided within 2 days of the meeting taking place
- Photocopying, filing and shredding of documents
- Maintaining stationary supplied, HR and payroll forms, documents etc
- Maintaining and updating records on HR database on a daily basis
- Arranging supply cover for staff who are absent by liaising with agencies
- Provide an effective recruitment process, ensuring all elements of the procedure are followed
You will need to have a high level of organisational skills capable of managing multiple priorities effectively to meet deadlines. You will have strong communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and courteously at all levels both written and verbal. Experience working in a post-16 education environment or within a HR Administration role is desirable, but not essential.
Key experience essential for the role of the Human Resources Assistant:-
- Educated to degree level, either in a HR related field or any degree with an interest in training in HR
- Possess the Foundation Certificate in HR or equivalent or willing to train towards this certificate
- A minimum of Grade C in GCSE English and Maths
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Be a car driver and have own transport
- Willing to complete a DBS check at employment stage
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: HR Assistant