about 1 year ago
LOCATION: Winchester, Hampshire
JOB TITLE: Housing / Property Admin Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: Full time salary £21,698 - Part time £10,849 plus 15% pension contribution on top of salary plus 25 days holiday for Full Time positions and 12.5 days for Part Time
WORKING HOURS: Full Time 35 hours per week & Part Time 17.5 hours per week – Monday to Friday
THE COMPANY & THE ROLE: Are you an organised team player who has previous admin experience and can remain calm under pressure and remain focused?
The Diocese of Winchester is not only the people, churches and schools that make it up, but also an organisation that supports those communities and governs the Diocese.
Founded in 676AD it is one of the five senior dioceses of the Church of England. The Diocese consists of about two thirds of the County of Hampshire and most of Bournemouth in the County of Dorset, excluding Portsmouth and the area immediately to its north and north-east and they now have Full Time and Part Time opportunities for an experienced and organised Housing / Property Admin Assistant to join their team to join our client's small but busy Housing / Property Team. You will work under the Houses Manager and will carry out a range of duties but will largely be caring for over 240 clergy properties across the Diocese of Winchester, and offering general support to the daily functions of the Team.
Key Responsibilities for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant role include :-
- Deal with minor works, sending out purchase orders in respect of emergency repairs and other works to parsonage houses, glebe and other board properties
- ensure property records are reviewed and updated on Propman (property management system, ensure the property terrier is updated and to provide monthly reports to the Houses Manager
- Set up process actions relating to capturing meter readings and paying utility bills as necessary and updating the relevant authorities and departments
- Prepare paperwork and desktop preparation ahead of Quinquennial Surveys
- Confirm available houses for let, maintaining detailed records of all vacant and let properties
- Work with approved letting agents to manage property lets, checking tenancy agreements, ensuring inventories are produced, handing over keys
- Monitor rental income, following up and reporting missing payments and ensure that rental payments are made to landlords in respect of any property leased
- Arrange viewings for new clergy moving into properties, liaising with tenants/agents as required
**Please note this is not an exhaustive list of duties and a full detailed job description and person specification will be provided to candidates of interest after the initial online application stage
THE CANDIDATE: The successful applicant for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant role will need to be able to relate well at all levels and be able to build relationships1231 with colleagues and external contacts. You will be able to remain calm under pressure and remain focused. You will have a calm and confident telephone manner and have the ability to be persistent and assertive when necessary. It is desirable that you have experience of working with computerised ordering, invoicing and database systems but for the right candidate can be trained. In addition, candidates will need to be strong administrators who can work well in a fast paced environment, have a clear and polite telephone manner and due to the rural location of the office and potentially being required to travel between properties, a valid Driving Licence and access to your own vehicle would be essential.
Key Experience / Characteristics preferred for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant role :-
- High level of computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent admin skills and ability to work well with a range of people at all levels
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own vehicle essential
- A demonstrable use of the English language in written communication and evidence of the ability to manipulate numbers to a high standard
- Must live within a commutable distance to Alresford, Winchester
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps