7 months ago
LOCATION: Winchester, Hampshire
JOB TITLE: Housing / Property Admin Assistant
SALARY & BENEFITS: £18,908 per annum plus benefits
WORKING HOURS: 35 hours per week (Monday - Friday)
THE COMPANY: The Diocese of Winchester is not only the people, churches and schools that make it up, but also an organisation that supports those communities and governs the Diocese.
Founded in 676AD it is one of the five senior dioceses of the Church of England. The Diocese consists of about two thirds of the County of Hampshire and most of Bournemouth in the County of Dorset, excluding Portsmouth and the area immediately to its north and north-east.
They now seek an organised individual with good Admin skills who is IT literate to join their existing Houses and Property department based in Alresford in Winchester, Hampshire.
THE ROLE: As the Housing / Property Admin Assistant you will be responsible for the daily processes to assist and support the houses and property team. You will work under and support the Houses Administrator you will carry out a range of admin duties and will be required to to deal with minor works requests, sending out purchase orders in respect of emergency repairs and other works to parsonage houses, glebe and other board properties.
Key Responsibilities for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant\'s role to include:-
- Assist with the teams post and check all incoming invoices, enter them onto the purchase ledger, the property management system, and ensure all are approved as necessary and paid on a timely basis
- Update property management records ensuring all manual records are maintained
- Assist in preparing the annual programme of external decoration
- Make sure all properties comply with gas safety, electric safety and general compliance
- Take charge of the office 'keysafe'
- Take charge of the holiday chart ensuring there is sufficient cover in the office
- Arrange letting agents for properties to be let, and handle process on behalf of Diocese
- Monitor rental income, follow up and report missing payments
- Arrange the service of notice, approve release of deposits & ensure rental payments are made to landlords
- Deal with all telephone and face to face enquiries courteously
- Manage records relating to parsonages, glebe, parochial and Board property
- Taking and typing minutes of meetings when required
This is not an exhaustive list of duties
THE CANDIDATE: The successful applicant for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant's role will need to be able to relate well at all levels and be able to build relationships with colleagues and external contacts. You will be able to remain calm under pressure and remain focused. You will have a calm and confident telephone manner and have the ability to be persistent and assertive when necessary. It is desirable that you have experience of working with computerised ordering, invoicing and database systems.
Key experience essential for the Housing / Property Admin Assistant\'srole:-
- High level of organisational skills and computer literacy including proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Previous experience in an administrative role
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to your own vehicle
- A demonstrable use of the English language in written communication and evidence of the ability to manipulate numbers to a high standard
- Live within a commutable distance to Alresford in Winchester, Hampshire
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
about 1 month ago
only 20 hours until close
27 days ago
only 20 hours until close
19 days ago
only 9 days until close
16 days ago
only 12 days until close