£28,000.00 – £30,000.00
Perpose of this role
To manage the hire admin desk and optimise the UK Hire fleet inventory in terms of availability whilst maximising utilisation of working capital. The position involves working in conjunction with all depots identifying, designing, planning and deploying operational based solutions with associated controls.
The Ideal candidate will essentially be the “GLUE” that brings all departments, teams and depots together – this is a fundamental position that offers outstanding progression and career opportunities.
Main Functions of the Hire Manager
- To oversee and develop the internal team
- Monitor team performance
- Maintain contract accuracy
- Undertake weekly team meetings
- Produce departmental reports and data
- Hire Manager to Work with Divisional Director and Regional Managers to identify synergy opportunities to promote the Group objectives
- Maintain invoicing KPI’s
- Liaise with finance in regard to non-paying query account
- Identify relevant team skills gaps and training requirements
- Daily review of service activity to ensure customer service levels are maintained
- Assisting the team in duties where necessary
- Utilise available systems to optimise stock levels and working capital throughout the UK
- Collaborate with Hire country MD’s / Sales Directors on a regular basis to maintain available stock levels at each location
- Develop a system to identify hire equipment orders, but substitutes supplied
- Report ‘Ready for Hire’ availability and prioritise repairs and testing at each location
- Ensure systems and processes for all depots are always adhered to and maintain accurate inventory levels / status (unique items / bin items)
- Implement and drive continuous improvement activities through implementation of change management process and best practice
- Working with managers to implement the company's policies and goals
- Discuss stock availability with European Country Managers for UK transfers to Europe
- Liaise with UK Depot Managers with regards to depot stock transfers on a weekly basis
- In addition to these duties, employees are required to carry out such other tasks as may be reasonably required
Hire Manager will be primarily office based this job will require warehouse activity and some European travel.
Quality encompasses all aspects of the business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills required
- 3-5 years’ experience in inventory planning. Preferably in the Hire industry.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, identify and address problems, meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including a good telephone manner and with the ability to communicate effectively at all levels essential for Hire Manager role.
- Flexible working attitude to meet the seasonal demands of the Hire business.
Hours of work: 8.30am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday