21 days ago
SALARY & BENEFITS: The salary will be offered between £22,870 - £24,939 dependent on experience.
The post is full-time (37.5 hours Monday – Friday, with an unpaid 30 minutes for lunch) and operates throughout the calendar year. A flexible approach is essential to be able to support occasional evening or weekend meetings and events and to work additional hours where necessary.
We are currently working with a leading co-educational day school located in the historic heart of Portsmouth. The Head’s Office Communications Assistant supports the Head with all aspects of internal and external communications, with functions and events coordinated by the Head’s office,
and in wider relationship management with external partners and agencies. In addition, the role provides administrative support to the Deputy Head.
- Provide direct support in sourcing, copywriting and editing content, drafting reports, policy updates, press releases and other written correspondence
- Collating, proofreading and editing correspondence from the Head’s Office in support of key school events such as INSET, Prize Giving, Carol Service and other key events
- Producing and formatting reports and presentations in Word, PPT and other applications
- Contributing to the development and implementation of a social media strategy for the Head’s office and developing appropriate content
- Supporting the planning and delivery of partnership and community engagement projects
- Administrative support for the preparation and running of smaller functions for staff and students organised by the Head’s Office
- Communication with staff; memos, bulletins, notices as directed by the Head
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority, deputising for the Head’s PA where necessary
- Responsible for the Deputy Head’s diary management, ensuring liaison with all relevant parties to organise meetings and schedules effectively
What do you need?
Previous experience of a similar role supporting at senior level with experience of developing
communications, social media and marketing initiatives would be an advantage.
Does this sound like you? If yes then please hit the apply now button.
You will then be sent to an online questionnaire to support your CV and application, please fill in the details and we will be in touch to advise you of the next steps.
JOB TITLE: Head Office Communications Assistant
15 days ago
only 13 days until close