Flybe is Europe's largest regional airline, part of the Connect Airways group with operations throughout UK and Europe. In addition to an airline, we also operate world-class maintenance and training facilities providing services to Flybe and external third-party customers. We pride ourselves on customer excellence and adopt the same approach to our employees. Based within proximity to the M5, our Exeter HQ are easily accessible to commuters living in the South West. Some of the great benefits of working for Flybe include:
* Competitive salary
* Excellent training and career progression opportunities
* Staff Travel Scheme - heavily discounted UK/European flights
* Free Parking
* Cycle to Work Scheme
* Retail discounts with some of the biggest brands
* Opportunity to attend Exeter Chiefs & Exeter City FC matches, free of charge!
Job purpose and key dimensions
The Procurement team are the business centre of excellence for supplier commercial, contracting and relationship management. They enable this through deployment and adherence to risk appropriate governance, controls, process and systems. They provide support and insight to all business areas to help them spend money more wisely and ensure security of supply for critical goods and services.
The nature of this role is intended to provide support to both Procurement and the wider business to enable this through the effective and timely deployment of systems, data, insights and resources.
Summary of main responsibilities:
* Lead team of 4x direct reports
* Be an ambassador for Procurement and develop thought leadership across the broader Connect Airways business and support cross-business working (process/systems/people) as required;
* Providing ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific issues;
* Lead and develop/upskill direct reports and provide development support to the wider Procurement team.
* Responsible for supporting the Procurement Business Partners (all areas) with strategic sourcing in a matrix organisation;
* Support the Business Partners with creation of business cases and spend analytics as required
* Responsible for managing incoming business queries and ensuring P2P transactions are executed in line with business SLAs and KPIs;
* Responsible for supporting the Procurement Business Partners (all areas) with transactional ('one off') purchasing in a matrix organisation.
Master Data Management
* Responsible for supplier master data management including on-boarding, due diligence checking and payment detail validations);
* The Procurement representative for cross-business system and technology developments.
Administration and Process Improvement
* Responsible for defining and deploying the Procurement roadmap;
* Responsible for managing/directing Procurement process and system evaluation, design, implementation and compliance monitoring and enforcement (within Procurement and wider business areas) - work collaboratively with Finance and Legal to support this;
* Responsible (and defined Contract Manager) for Procurement owned systems (e.g. S2P, P2P) including associated administration;
* Responsible for Procurement related data and insights including monthly reporting;
* Represent Flybe at external events and systems user group as required.
Summary of key outputs of the role
* Procurement processes mapped and constantly updated and reviewed;
* Procurement systems and supplier master data maintained and improved;
* Procurement Roadmap updated, deployed and progress tracked;
* Commercial benefits (P&L, cash, inventory) to be delivered (supporting the Business Partners)
* Reduction in tail spend and reduce number of vendors;
* Working with Finance drive 95%+ adoption of/compliance with P2P protocols across the business
* Improved user experience of the S2P and P2P systems;
* Monthly performance monitoring (against Procurement objectives)
* Team capability gap analysis and development plan
Health and Safety
* Understand individual operational safety and security responsibilities
* Be aware of personal health and safety and the health and safety of others at work
Essential Skills and Qualifications
* Excellent interpersonal skills - confident, energetic and driven to exceed expectations.
* Experience running strategic sourcing/category management teams
* Experience running operational/transactional purchasing teams
* Strong influencing skills including Board level engagement
* Experienced team leader
* Accomplished presentations skills
* Strong project management, problem solving and report writing skills
* Self-starter, energetic and highly motivated
* Strong Microsoft Office skills - particularly PowerPoint, Word and Excel
* Knowledge and experience of working with and developing Procurement systems and processes
* Ability to work under pressure and manage priorities, in complex situations
* Ability to manage through ambiguity
* Graduate: (Bachelors/Masters level degree)
* Professional: MCIPS status
* Prince 2 or equivalent project management
* Experience leading and transforming procurement and finance teams
* Experience working within a consulting environment would be an advantage.
Act as a role model for the organisation by demonstrating the Flybe values:
* Care & Respect Each Other
* Look After Our Customers
* Own Our Actions
* Strive For Better
* Everyone Together